Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF) | Page 57 | Inside Universal Forums

Shrek 4D Memorial Thread (USF)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Also, that soundstage is pretty huge. When/if Villain-Con goes and there's bandwidth for a more comprehensive addition, there's quite a lot that can go there.

I really don't think the belt is going to be that much of an issue if they design the screen content appropriately.
Really? I always thought Shrek was super small compared to other ride soundstages around

I guess it can fit SLOP so maybe I'm underestimating the size

Belt
636105942986884058-Portland-International-Airport-received-a-special-variance-to-install-an-energy-saving-stop-start-motion-activatied-moving-walkway.-Courtesy--Port-of-Portland.jpg

Reactions: londonwerecat
Despicable Me's queue hasn't been used for HHN in a few years, but if Uni combined that with the music plaza and 3 queues wrapping around SS24 like they are this year, it's certainly feasible to have 5 soundstage houses. However, that would add to the event's budget due to larger sets. The Shrek location has proven to be a valuable resource for maintaining budgets and managing crowd flows, so it makes sense why Uni wants to keep the location intact for HHN a bit longer.

I'm not against a Villain Con attraction but this is one of the most popular Universal owned ip's that has a bright future and is already under presented in the park with a lame motion simulator. Why continue that with a mediocre expansion and not a detailed dark ride?
For all the reasons I’m not big on Villain Con, this is a big one. Especially with a new park opening in 2025. It’s so strange how Universal, who is trying to market more to children, don’t use their biggest film IP that is a children film franchise and a billion dollar franchise at that. It’s so baffling to me.

Despicable Me's queue hasn't been used for HHN in a few years, but if Uni combined that with the music plaza and 3 queues wrapping around SS24 like they are this year, it's certainly feasible to have 5 soundstage houses. However, that would add to the event's budget due to larger sets. The Shrek location has proven to be a valuable resource for maintaining budgets and managing crowd flows, so it makes sense why Uni wants to keep the location intact for HHN a bit longer.
Orlando budgets HHN based on what they need for the houses. They don’t design houses based on a finite budget given to them.

I imagine this as you go in and instead of grabbing 3D glasses you pick out a blaster gun. Then move into the main exhbit hall. Which has the moving walkway with a long screen on both sides. Probably with some minor physical set pieces like tables with pens, beer coozies, and other trade show favorites (available for purchase in the gift shop, obviously), in front of the screens to add some depth. So you step on the belt and start blasting away at targets on both sides. Your score shows up on the blaster.

I can see this being stupid popular with the GP.

I have a few questions, like, how will they deal with the hand rails on the moving walkway? They can't be stainless steel, or 3 year olds will be facing a wall of stainless steel. Would the blasters work through plexiglass? Is it going to be 1 moving walkway and done? Or 2 or 3, like TSMM layout?

I imagine this as you go in and instead of grabbing 3D glasses you pick out a blaster gun. Then move into the main exhbit hall. Which has the moving walkway with a long screen on both sides. Probably with some minor physical set pieces like tables with pens, beer coozies, and other trade show favorites (available for purchase in the gift shop, obviously), in front of the screens to add some depth. So you step on the belt and start blasting away at targets on both sides. Your score shows up on the blaster.

I can see this being stupid popular with the GP.

I have a few questions, like, how will they deal with the hand rails on the moving walkway? They can't be stainless steel, or 3 year olds will be facing a wall of stainless steel. Would the blasters work through plexiglass? Is it going to be 1 moving walkway and done? Or 2 or 3, like TSMM layout?

What if it's two alongside eachother, on stacked angles. So for kids, they can aim at a higher angle?

Reactions: Clive