Future of Toon Lagoon | Page 72 | Inside Universal Forums

Future of Toon Lagoon

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I think King's Row is definitely the cheap part of the land. Sweethaven and the Yukon are both very well executed, colorful, and really great. If King's Row could match those areas, I think it would be regarded much better. It's just one stretch of the land, and imo, we let it cause too many generalizations about the land as a whole.

With everybody hating on the changes to Kong over the years (I know some people did not like KONG even when it first opened but we don't have to entertain those people) what are everybody's thoughts on leveling everything from the edge of Marvel to the edge of JP for a megaland?

With everybody hating on the changes to Kong over the years (I know some people did not like KONG even when it first opened but we don't have to entertain those people) what are everybody's thoughts on leveling everything from the edge of Marvel to the edge of JP for a megaland?
Idk the IP would be outside of the Hobbit (assuming LOTR goes to EU), but id absolutely love this post Zelda.

Logisticaly that would be a huge part of IOA being behind contruction walls. That is something no one would like to see. I'd even split toon lagoon and the empty theater up in 2 lands, one reusing the water rides and the rest new stuff.

Idk the IP would be outside of the Hobbit (assuming LOTR goes to EU), but id absolutely love this post Zelda.
Are we really still expected to get a Hobbit land? It's been a decade since the final film came out, and I feel like it can hardly be said it has kept the appeal and icon status that the LOTR trilogy has two decades later.

You have to remember that at the time when Islands was being built, Uni had no big animated IP’s to compete with Disney. That’s why the park has Toon Lagoon and why they so desperately fought hard to get DC comics and Loony Tunes. Universal is so much bigger now. It really blows my mind that Toon Lagoon is still around in 2024.

They have bigger fish to fry? I mean it has decent rides, an OK theme, and so why change it right now? They need to tackle the aging ride systems and LC being completely shut down right now. And it has always been that way, bigger fish to fry.

A couple of questions for everyone:

Is it true that Universal owns the rights to Dudley?

Also, do they own the rights for any other characters represented in Toon Lagoon?

I know they definitely don’t own POPEYE.

I agree with everybody else saying this area is certainly not a priority anytime soon.

A land revamp/refresh in the future is plausible though.
Falls in the same category as Echo Lake at DHS for me... mostly a "walk-through" land with decently popular attractions that should be updated/refreshed at some point... but there's a higher priority elsewhere in the park (animation courtyard).