Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

Most people know about it already, why not lean into it and use the free publicity? In these days of social media there's no way to keep any kind of construction truly secret, especially here in Orlando with the theme parks.

Most people know about it already, why not lean into it and use the free publicity? In these days of social media there's no way to keep any kind of construction truly secret, especially here in Orlando with the theme parks.

They've made the joke it's a landscaping project similar to Universal's churro stand, so if they're going to cheekily post updates as "landscape" changes then I'm fine with it.

I think they are playing this just right, let's see how it evolves

Coaster track has appeared near SeaWorld Orlando for a new, unannounced roller coaster; or according to SeaWorld - a "landscaping project".

I think the layout will be just okay, but I'm really excited to see the trains and the launch. Should be really interesting.
Personally I’m afraid it’s going to be mediocre - maybe because I’m just setting my expectations low in case the stats aren't that great or the seating arrangement is just so-so.

Maybe also it's that I keep coming back to how prototype B&Ms are always really conservative versions of what follows over the next 4-5 years, so I'm hoping this isn't like a 50-55mph launch when Cedar Point builds a 75-80mph version that's twice as long in 2026.

Personally I’m afraid it’s going to be mediocre - maybe because I’m just setting my expectations low in case the stats aren't that great or the seating arrangement is just so-so.

Maybe also it's that I keep coming back to how prototype B&Ms are always really conservative versions of what follows over the next 4-5 years, so I'm hoping this isn't like a 50-55mph launch when Cedar Point builds a 75-80mph version that's twice as long in 2026.
I'm expecting this to feel like Diamonback's second half after the breakrun, except with a launch

Unless SeaWorld is changing their announcement cadence, we should be expecting an announcement pretty soon right? I'm really not impressed at all by the rumored layout, so I just want to know what it is and if I should actually care. Doesn't really matter anyway since it's not like it would make or break my pass renewal choice.

They joke about the landscaping, but oddly enough I am just as excited for how the coaster will change the area visually as I am for the coaster itself.

Unless SeaWorld is changing their announcement cadence, we should be expecting an announcement pretty soon right? I'm really not impressed at all by the rumored layout, so I just want to know what it is and if I should actually care. Doesn't really matter anyway since it's not like it would make or break my pass renewal choice.

They joke about the landscaping, but oddly enough I am just as excited for how the coaster will change the area visually as I am for the coaster itself.
I'd guess that an announcement will come fairly soon since footings are going in. One it goes vertical it kind of makes sense to start hyping it, though I guess it also depends on when they plan to open it. If it won't open until next March (1 year from IB), they may not want to promote it too much and have people show up looking to ride long before it opens.

I wouldn't put too much stock in the fan made renderings, especially when we don't know how a "surf" coaster will actually ride.

I'm hoping the new landscaping around the coaster is well done, but I'm afraid it will be a little barren over there for a few years as small plants grow in. The took down so many big trees for this...

I really wonder if since this was where so much of the Christmas stuff was, where will it be relocated? Maybe they will finally decorate the whole park?