Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 11 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unless SeaWorld is changing their announcement cadence, we should be expecting an announcement pretty soon right? I'm really not impressed at all by the rumored layout, so I just want to know what it is and if I should actually care. Doesn't really matter anyway since it's not like it would make or break my pass renewal choice.

They joke about the landscaping, but oddly enough I am just as excited for how the coaster will change the area visually as I am for the coaster itself.
I'm admittedly terrible with predicting announcements, but I would imagine they don't want to distract from IB this summer,

And then you have HOS which does have its own socials, but still

I wonder if they'll do a summer meet-up (like mid July) where they talk about HOS, Christmas, and the new coaster

Then put up promotional stuff around the park by August

Here's a look at Clermont Fabricators building B&M track:

This is freaking awesome!

Def track for the new Six Flags Dive Machine

For some reason I had no idea that they didn't weld anything on site, once the track arrives it's completely ready to go

Last edited:

Let's stash the track pieces next to the fence, that'll definitely hide it.

Personally I find the "landscaping project" schtick is a bit tiresome, but what can you expect from a social media team that's turned over probably 10 times in the last 4-5 years.

I don't think I was feeling too excited for this until now. I guess excitement picks up for any coaster as soon as track shows up, kind of like seeing all the food pass by at a restaurant before yours arrives. It's kind of easy to dismiss the layout as being too simple but with this new kind of ride it's about how it feels, not looks. Really interested to see how it goes.

I do echo the sentiment about the greenery in the area though. Hopefully some will be filled back in over time.

Most people know about it already, why not lean into it and use the free publicity? In these days of social media there's no way to keep any kind of construction truly secret, especially here in Orlando with the theme parks.
On my last trip to Universal, a young woman turned to the guy she was walking with and as the Hulk roared over head asked what it was. I heard him answer the name of the ride. After a moment when the train passed she followed up, and I quote, "What is it?" She was looking at it the whole time.

I guess what I'm saying is don't assume online awareness translates to the parks easily and keeping something like this a secret from the general public isn't difficult. :lol:

Really though, for people in the know (enthusiasts, locals) it's a fun little in-joke that only lasts for construction and adds hype. I prefer this kind of hyping than the over the top mass-marketing used in other places. Chances it are it might pique someone's curiosity, they end up in a place like this, and next thing you know we're all chanting "part of the ship, part of the crew" like always.

Let's stash the track pieces next to the fence, that'll definitely hide it.
Yeah, amateurs. Take a page out of Uni's book and get some of those rolling hedges. That'll do it!

Reactions: SeventyOne
It is an interesting choice to go with the sky blue-- the old BEC model of making the coasters visually unobtrusive and blend into their surroundings. The new model for SWP&E seems to be making things more bold and standing out from the background. Less about theme and more about emphasizing the thrill aspects of the parks. Either way, this will stand out right there at the front gate to the park.

Looking at the animation I still can’t tell whether or not it’s a standing coaster. Still weird for them to drop this during the classic “we want to bury this in the news cycle” time slot.