Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

Same. A launched stand-up sounds dreadful.
Yes, plus they still consider "Stand-Up Coaster" to be one of their models, separate from Surf.

My hypothesis is that they are redesigning their stand up model to a two across type coaster...and or retrofitting the still existing ones.

At the same time, they are debuting the Surf Coaster to capitalize on the Blitz/multilaunch concepts.

Next I'm waiting on B&M's take on the single rail concept.

I didn't know anyone was still making stand-up coasters? Did one once. Rough. And not friendly for anyone 6'0 or taller.

I didn't know anyone was still making stand-up coasters? Did one once. Rough. And not friendly for anyone 6'0 or taller.
It's still on their website as of now

I do wonder if they plan on redesigning the trains for existing coasters or if they plan to re-invigorate it

To be honest, if you nixed the corkscrews and focused on parabolic hills...All with more comfortable trains, it could be interesting

So Florida finally gets its first nutcracker? If they go this route, I'll do it once, and then never again. I've had too much bad experience with these models.

Whenever I hear surf coaster my mind goes right to a stand up position, but instead of facing forward you are facing out to the side. Have no idea if that is what they would be going for, but it would provide a unique ride experience.

Whenever I hear surf coaster my mind goes right to a stand up position, but instead of facing forward you are facing out to the side. Have no idea if that is what they would be going for, but it would provide a unique ride experience.
Really? I think of a two person across 8 row launched coaster that has a front shaped like a surf board.

But then again, I've never actually gone surfing

The only stand up coaster I’ve only been on is Riddler at Magic Mountain and I found it quite comfortable. The most unfortunate downstairs disaster I had was on Manta. I shudder at the memory.

This is exactly what I think of. New coaster concepts are always hit or miss. Inverted coasters are a smash hit, the stand up was a fade. I feel like the flyer falls under fad as well.

HangTime at Knotts is nicely themed to surfing but not a stand up.

hangtime-test---blog.jpg

If there is a new surf coaster type, it won't just be a themed train. It will be a unique ride experience. I personally hope it does have you facing outward because I love time traveler at silver dollar city when you hit inversions sideways as it just feels so different.

Apart from judgements on how bad this new type stand-up would crush your balls or not why would a major Park in a major tourist Market attempt to build a ride that is going to alienate a lot of their customers and even some of the thrill seeker types. It would seem like a really poor decision. I'm not really sure it's a great idea even if b and m lets them build it at cost.

When you need a hit you get a B&M hyper and they did that with Mako. This would be an unusual decision.

Apart from judgements on how bad this new type stand-up would crush your balls or not why would a major Park in a major tourist Market attempt to build a ride that is going to alienate a lot of their customers and even some of the thrill seeker types. It would seem like a really poor decision. I'm not really sure it's a great idea even if b and m lets them build it at cost.

When you need a hit you get a B&M hyper and they did that with Mako. This would be an unusual decision.

Everything about this coaster is pure speculation on our part.

Orlando is a crowded theme park environment, building anything different is going to attract attention but building a new type of B&M coaster could attract world wide attention, especially when they haven't made a new model of coaster in almost 10 years.

I know this isn't it but imagine a stand up launched blitz coaster but instead of normal configuration (standing forward facing side by side), you are standing sideways with your back to the other rider? 2 launches, 3 wave turns, 2 overbanks, 1 stall, 2 corkscrews.

Do we actually know that the Surf Coaster is just a 2 across launched Blitz Coaster rip off?

What if it's a 2 across launched stand up Blitz Coaster rip off? Imagine doing Velocicoaster standing up.