Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

So is this for a stand up coaster? Hopefully the redesign restraints are better. Riddlers Revenge at Magic Mountain is a good ride but the restraints suck. Also GP don’t like stand up coasters.

So is this for a stand up coaster? Hopefully the redesign restraints are better. Riddlers Revenge at Magic Mountain is a good ride but the restraints suck. Also GP don’t like stand up coasters.
B&M filed a patent for a redesigned stand-up, and some people are assuming that is for the surf coaster design. There's no official correlation though. I've heard plenty of rumors that it'd be B&M's take on a Blitz coaster, and I have a hard time believing that they'd use a stand-up train for that.

View attachment 14503
This is interesting...
Their social team has kicked in to high gear as of late..They're playing to their audience here

B&M filed a patent for a redesigned stand-up, and some people are assuming that is for the surf coaster design. There's no official correlation though. I've heard plenty of rumors that it'd be B&M's take on a Blitz coaster, and I have a hard time believing that they'd use a stand-up train for that.
I agree. They've redesigned restraints and seats before (Montu vs Banshee) and it doesn't change the shipping ID

This is a new design and all the paths lead to an answer to what Intamin and Mack are doing with launched sit downs

ParkFans got their hands on some plans.

Wow they sure did...I'm interested to see what B&M does in this next decade

I think it will be very interesting to watch them step out of their established formulas a bit

Something tells me a lot of that experimentation will take place in the SeaWorldParks

LSM launched, two across, newly designed restraint in the style of a Intamin Blitz

Rides like a Hyper GTX and less like a Blitz

Those are my predictions lol

LSM launched, two across, newly designed restraint in the style of a Intamin Blitz

Rides like a Hyper GTX and less like a Blitz

Those are my predictions lol

I'm on the side of two-across, new restraint position and compact with a reliance on near misses. Something different, especially as a prototype.

emil-antonowsky-i-like-it.gif

This looks like a phenomenal addition to the park

Can't see why it would be outright "cancelled"

Unless this will be a stand-up coaster, this looks pretty good! I like what I see.

Now if only the park would invest in an indoor ride. Shame they've gone from two to zero in literally a year.
Sesame Street is just begging for one. And if not there, please do a complete renovation (and I mean complete) of Wild Arctic to bring it up to modern simulator standards. New simulator systems, new footage, new storyline. It could be one of the better rides in the park if done correctly.

Sesame Street is just begging for one. And if not there, please do a complete renovation (and I mean complete) of Wild Arctic to bring it up to modern simulator standards. New simulator systems, new footage, new storyline. It could be one of the better rides in the park if done correctly.
...or just replace it with a flying theater. The one they put in the Island on Pigeon Forge takes up very little space and it's not a bad ride. But a dark ride is far more preferable.

Wild Arctic ain't coming back. The simulators have been removed in the same way that the simulators were removed for Akbar's Adventure years ago at BGT, but the building remains for HOS. The building is mostly used as break space and for HOS now, along with an animal enclosure for guests, I believe.

I hope there's a bigger long-term plan, but I don't have much hope for that. As mentioned, I would love to see the Dynamic Attractions Flying Theater which I don't think should be overly expensive and it would give them a solid indoor ride. I do agree that Sesame Street is probably where I would start with an indoor ride though because it's such a no brainer and again really shouldn't cost too much. There needs to be something for people to do in this park when it rains.