Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 15 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
A batch of new shots from Bio on Twitter:

Was there yesterday. This is really going to be nice right near the front of the park.

As you are walking on the path to get into the park it will literally zoom right next to you

Most of SeaWorld's coasters appear further away when walking up, but IB and this will be a nice welcome

Well Manta is sorta close to the entrance and has the nice whooshing "splash" effect too.

Ice Breaker annoys me because it's so naked, sure so is Kraken, but that gets a pass for being their first big coaster.

Even though the park hasn't even gone vertical with this coaster yet, I'm already wondering if they have plans for the Wild Arctic plot like San Diego.

Well Manta is sorta close to the entrance and has the nice whooshing "splash" effect too.

Ice Breaker annoys me because it's so naked, sure so is Kraken, but that gets a pass for being their first big coaster.

Even though the park hasn't even gone vertical with this coaster yet, I'm already wondering if they have plans for the Wild Arctic plot like San Diego.
Would make sense, with Ice Breaker being rather lackluster and suffering from bad capacity, a coaster would be a good option to replace Wild Arctic.

Indoor family launched coaster should be the next move for SWO or Sesame Street dark ride. Something indoors.
I wish "Abyss" would have happened...alas

I agree though

I would actually say the back of the park needs something (Key West, Turtle Trek area)

I understand it is very tight back there, but that area is very quiet

I would, of course, love something to go into Wild Arctic though

I wish "Abyss" would have happened...alas

I agree though

I would actually say the back of the park needs something (Key West, Turtle Trek area)

I understand it is very tight back there, but that area is very quiet

I would, of course, love something to go into Wild Arctic though

Turtle Trek area might be a good place for a flat ride or two.

Reactions: shiekra38
I was thinking Key West would be a great spot for an air-boat themed Troika like San Diego got. Maybe a jellyfish themed swing ride too...

• Love
Reactions: shiekra38
I was thinking Key West would be a great spot for an air-boat themed Troika like San Diego got. Maybe a jellyfish themed swing ride too...
I would love to see a Zamperla Nebulaz somewhere in FL...

Maybe they could do two side by side and theme it to turtles or whatever lol

1660422075080.png

Interesting-- the back half of the Ports of Call lot is now a staging/assembly area for the new coaster. This lot is the parking area for HOS, so I guess they'll have people park in the main lot when the front half fills this year? Inside you can catch a glimpse of launch track. It appears they are preassembling sections of track for installation. Footers appear to be coming along on the site, and I'm still guessing the coaster goes vertical in September.

Those supports look odd. I hope this is more of an upright position thing than a true stand up coaster. I'm not sure what design they could do that wouldn't make my body go into panic mode like existing standups.