Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023) | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Pipeline - SWO Surf Coaster (Spring 2023)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I know it's too early to conclusivly judge but for a B&M this looks pretty ugly currently.

Still intrigued and always happy to see a new coaster type.

I know it's too early to conclusivly judge but for a B&M this looks pretty ugly currently.
Yep, ugliest unfinished train shed and brake run I've ever seen :eek:O:

jump-to-conclusion-mat.gif

I think the finished product will look pretty much like every other B&M (which is generally pretty good).

Uhh, this is unfortunate timing lol. Announcing a surf themed roller coaster the day a hurricane is supposed to hit.

OMG I just realized this. Feels like a "Twister opening delayed due to tornados" situation.

Yeah, the planned timing of this announcement was most unfortunate. It wouldn't be the best idea announcing something that has the name/codename of "High Tide" with Ian oh. so. close.

Bio posted a bunch of new photos of the Surf Coaster construction.

Interesting that it appears there's just going to be a single track for the storage shed. I'm guessing that means they're only getting two trains?

I assume we're looking at the brake run alongside the train shed, transfer tracks, curve into the station (under construction), and then straight into the launch track.

Bio posted a bunch of new photos of the Surf Coaster construction.

Interesting that it appears there's just going to be a single track for the storage shed. I'm guessing that means they're only getting two trains?

I assume we're looking at the brake run alongside the train shed, transfer tracks, curve into the station (under construction), and then straight into the launch track.

I believe the leaked layout appeared to only have three block zones and therefore would only be able to run two trains.

And the storage shed looks long enough to hold both trains.

Even if they can only run two, there are some parks that have a third train so when one is down for maintenance they can still run two. Otherwise there will be lots of single train operations.

I saw this up close this weekend and it makes me excited

1) It gets suuuper close to the front entrance which will be a fun kinetic "entrance coaster" as you head into the park
2) New B&M track is always sexy
3) The launch aspect and articulated seats still continues to intrigue me

I think it will be a winner personally

Reactions: Darko
I can’t hold it in when I see the little model people in the trailer bouncing on the platform on the coaster.
This is the newest coaster technology?

They could of portrayed that much better xD

I’d be more excited for this if this was a sit-down coaster. Is B&M really pushing for a stand-up coaster comeback?

Looks fine. Would’ve preferred a wing coaster.