Gardaland | Inside Universal Forums

Gardaland

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Gardaland in Italy just opened up a Jumanji ride in their park. Have to say it doesn't look bad.

Good mix of practical effects and shockingly good quality screens. Though it was likely unintentional, they finally added a twist to the trope of "falling down" that every simulator ride at Universal did. You actually "die" on the ride LOL. I know they play on the multiple lives aspect of the IP, which I though was well done, but it was finally refreshing to see a more realistic take on the "falling down" trope that every simulator ride does.

Apparently, the park who owns this is run by Merlin, operator of Legoland and most of the major UK parks. Those UK parks could really use a dark ride of this caliber. This would do well at Alton Towers though I would see something like this as a good replacement for Darren Brown's Ghost Train at Thorpe.

Apparently, the park who owns this is run by Merlin, operator of Legoland and most of the major UK parks. Those UK parks could really use a dark ride of this caliber. This would do well at Alton Towers though I would see something like this as a good replacement for Darren Brown's Ghost Train at Thorpe.

I think a dark ride like this at this decent quality might just come down to what part this is at. Gardaland's design team loves their dark rides more than a lot of other Merlin Parks. I Corsari is a lot of fun. Also, I could be very off, but I think Gardaland has the most creative control out of all of the Merlin Parks from what I hear.

I do agree though that a dark ride of that caliber would be very good at the UK Merlin parks.