Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

General Reality TV Thread

Aug 7, 2018
Well, Big Brother 22 is on tonight. I beleive the first show back in production and airing, should be interesting to see how they handle it.

Seems to me like they’re handling it well, and crew members are being color categorized to literally only walk in certain portions of the house and behind the scenes. They’re controlling it as much as they can it seems. For a sure I admittedly find lots of guilty pleasure in, I’m shocked at how well they’re handling this, so it seems. Kaycee and Josh were cut due to Covid as well. Just pray we make it through lol

Well, Big Brother 22 is on tonight. I beleive the first show back in production and airing, should be interesting to see how they handle it.

Seems to me like they’re handling it well, and crew members are being color categorized to literally only walk in certain portions of the house and behind the scenes. They’re controlling it as much as they can it seems. For a sure I admittedly find lots of guilty pleasure in, I’m shocked at how well they’re handling this, so it seems. Kaycee and Josh were cut due to Covid as well. Just pray we make it through lol
With pretty much knowing who the cast was going in, I have to admit, the premiere was a bit less exciting than i'd want it to be, but i'm just glad we even have a season. I have my gripes about the cast here and there, but beggars can't be choosers.

With pretty much knowing who the cast was going in, I have to admit, the premiere was a bit less exciting than i'd want it to be, but i'm just glad we even have a season. I have my gripes about the cast here and there, but beggars can't be choosers.
Omg ya knowing that cast that was so boring like, they didn't even let them interact with each other! Thats what we're here for!!! Not the same slide puzzle 4 times lol. Super disappointing premiere but Big Brother premieres normally stink to begin with.

I hate Thanksgiving being cast but I'm fine with everyone else. Cody is kinda boring too but seriously could've been worse lol. Here for Kevin!!!

Omg ya knowing that cast that was so boring like, they didn't even let them interact with each other! Thats what we're here for!!! Not the same slide puzzle 4 times lol. Super disappointing premiere but Big Brother premieres normally stink to begin with.

I hate Thanksgiving being cast but I'm fine with everyone else. Cody is kinda boring too but seriously could've been worse lol. Here for Kevin!!!
And the puzzle wasn’t even fair. It was MUCH harder for the women than the men due to the location you had to get the ball to.

And the puzzle wasn’t even fair. It was MUCH harder for the woman than the men due to the location you had to get the ball to.
Like legit not even close or fair!!! No wonder it was only Nicole and Christmas to make it thru. CBS's sexism showing early this season :thumbsdown:

Should be interesting, I want Thanksgiving out first though.

Spun this off into it's own thread. For all I know, it could just be @Cup_Of_Coffee and me talking to each other, but the conversation didn't belong in the Effects of COVID thread anymore, so it's better for it to be on it's own, especially since it's a 3 month season.

For the sake of conversation, i'll just state i'm rooting for a lot of the more old-school players like Janelle, Dani Donato, Kaysar, Memphis. Also interested to see what David does, even though I don't think he belongs on this season.

Was there originally supposed to be 18 players, or were Josh and Kaycee replaced by someone else?
Also, I’m kind if sad that Josh isn’t there to get eliminated in Week 1.

Was there originally supposed to be 18 players, or were Josh and Kaycee replaced by someone else?
Also, I’m kind if sad that Josh isn’t there to get eliminated in Week 1.
Josh and Kaycee were replaced by David and Christmas if I’m correct. In all honesty, while it would’ve been nice to have them, you can tell Tyler is a bit thrown off by them not being there, so I actually think that could’ve been quite boring if they had a pregame alliance already set like that.

The whole cast was supposed to be a bit more.. umm... All-Stars-y if you will originally. With COVID going on through, a lot of people didn't want to leave their families for so long or in some cases wanted to do it (Vanessa, Rachel, Danielle Reyes), but just had kids or work was in the way. I believe Dan, Derrick and Paul were in talks and Dan turned it down and once Derrick found out Dan turned it down, so did he. Paul says the experience is too stressful, which is why he turned it down.

Last edited:
Josh and Kaycee were replaced by David and Christmas if I’m correct. In all honesty, while it would’ve been nice to have them, you can tell Tyler is a bit thrown off by them not being there, so I actually think that could’ve been quite boring if they had a pregame alliance already set like that.

The whole cast was supposed to be a bit more.. umm... All-Stars-y if you will originally. With COVID going on through, a lot of people didn't want to leave their families for so long or in some cases wanted to do it (Vanessa, Rachel, Danielle Reyes), but just had kids or work was in the way. I believe Dan, Derrick and Paul were in talks and Dan turned it down and once Derrick found out Dan turned it down, so did he. Paul says the experience is too stressful, which is why he turned it down.
There had been rumors flying around before the season started, but Janelle actually mentioned on the feeds tonight that:

- Nicole F. is the reason Derrick isn't on this sesason
- Kaycee and Josh tested positive for COVID which is why they aren't on.
- Keesha and Memphis were alternates

She's been spilling a ton of tea :lol:

And just to back up what you said about Danielle Reyes:

I think I read that Keesha and Memphis replaces Josh and Kaycee. Regardless, as someone who got into Big Brother during seasons 10-14, what a shock it is to see several of my favorites back!! I did see BB6&7 as well so I’m in agreement about rooting for old schoolers this season. Memphis I don’t really care about yet but that may change.

Christmas is a strange choice but there’s always random people on all star seasons, David too although as a gay man I’m very thankful he’s on the show lol.

Best part is I feel it’s kinda wide open as to who could win this season although I don’t see either former winner having a chance at making jury

I think I read that Keesha and Memphis replaces Josh and Kaycee. Regardless, as someone who got into Big Brother during seasons 10-14, what a shock it is to see several of my favorites back!! I did see BB6&7 as well so I’m in agreement about rooting for old schoolers this season. Memphis I don’t really care about yet but that may change.

Christmas is a strange choice but there’s always random people on all star seasons, David too although as a gay man I’m very thankful he’s on the show lol.

Best part is I feel it’s kinda wide open as to who could win this season although I don’t see either former winner having a chance at making jury
David and Christmas I get because they were dealt a really bad hand in their first season (although I think it worked out better for Christmas than if she hadn’t. It forced her to recognize the social aspect of the game). David is one of those cases where I wish we had “BB Second Chances” instead of “BB All Stars” because that would make way more sense for him.

David and Christmas I get because they were dealt a really bad hand in their first season (although I think it worked out better for Christmas than if she hadn’t. It forced her to recognize the social aspect of the game). David is one of those cases where I wish we had “BB Second Chances” instead of “BB All Stars” because that would make way more sense for him.
I’ve made peace with David being on. We’ve got a really great season upon us with a great cast. It just could’ve been a bit better of a cast.

There had been rumors flying around before the season started, but Janelle actually mentioned on the feeds tonight that:

- Nicole F. is the reason Derrick isn't on this sesason
- Kaycee and Josh tested positive for COVID which is why they aren't on.
- Keesha and Memphis were alternates

She's been spilling a ton of tea :lol:

And just to back up what you said about Danielle Reyes:

I watched Janie talking about this on the live feeds and I was shocked bc she basically backed up the rumor exactly with what we’ve been hearing.

Very fair!

You guys also have to remember, we're lucky we even have a show this summer, so I think they did pretty good for all they had to go through to get this done. I'm hoping this leaves the door open for a half return season, half newbie (with around 16 total). Have the returners be Dan/Derrick/Vanessa/Kaycee/Josh/Danielle Reyes/Rachel/Paul

Last edited:
You guys also have to remember, we're lucky we even have a show this summer, so I think they did pretty good for all they had to go through to get this done. I'm hoping this leaves the door open for a half return season, half newbie (with around 16 total). Have the returners be Dan/Derrick/Vanessa/Kaycee/Josh/Danielle Reyes/Rachel/Paul
Absolutely. And the feeds are honestly fantastic so far (outside of the fact that they're censoring the hell out of Kevin roasting Jeff for being homophobic and still getting jobs from BB). So much dirt and stories from prior seasons coming up right now.

As a big BB fan who watched pretty much every season until 18 (got sick of production interference getting worse, wasn't a fan of the casts, etc), this is the first season to bring me back and I'm hoping they don't mess this up.

Also, nominations are coming up shortly and Cody just said in a conversation who's going up. Avoiding spoilers for those who only watch the episodes, but it's out there.

Absolutely. And the feeds are honestly fantastic so far (outside of the fact that they're censoring the hell out of Kevin roasting Jeff for being homophobic and still getting jobs from BB). So much dirt and stories from prior seasons coming up right now.

As a big BB fan who watched pretty much every season until 18 (got sick of production interference getting worse, wasn't a fan of the casts, etc), this is the first season to bring me back and I'm hoping they don't mess this up.

Also, nominations are coming up shortly and Cody just said in a conversation who's going up. Avoiding spoilers for those who only watch the episodes, but it's out there.
Yeah, I was watching that convo.

Turn on Cam 1/2 right now to see Kev finally talking to Cody. Noms are going to be Keesha and Kevin unless Cody changes his mind on Kevin last minute. I think Ian is a potential renom if veto is used as he's with the Janelle side.

Yeah, I was watching that convo.

Turn on Cam 1/2 right now to see Kev finally talking to Cody. Noms are going to be Keesha and Kevin unless Cody changes his mind on Kevin last minute. I think Ian is a potential renom if veto is used as he's with the Janelle side.
I was actually watching that too :lol: Definitely felt like production put the idea into Kevin's head that he should be nervous and it freaked him out with him rushing straight from the DR to Cody. Ian would be an interesting choice for sure. It seems like he's definitely trying to slide under the radar for the first few weeks to shake the image of this smart, strong competitor from everyone's memory. Really, I get the vibe that everyone is a strong potential player this year other than David (but he also may be holding back simply out of fear of getting eliminated in week one again lol).

EDIT: It does look like that convo emotionally impacted Cody at the very least lol. We'll see if it actually sways him at all.

KEeesha keeps talking about her reluctance to talk to Cody, and she seems to know she's going up. I think she's beginning to initially realize she's far behind so we'll see what she does after nominations. Kaysar is pulling info right out of her. Kaysar is really forming relationships fast it sees, plus he's got the comp win to take the time to listen and talk with people.
Absolutely hate Kevin is gonna be up though omg. DISASTER if true

KEeesha keeps talking about her reluctance to talk to Cody, and she seems to know she's going up. I think she's beginning to initially realize she's far behind so we'll see what she does after nominations. Kaysar is pulling info right out of her. Kaysar is really forming relationships fast it sees, plus he's got the comp win to take the time to listen and talk with people.
Absolutely hate Kevin is gonna be up though omg. DISASTER if true
I literally love watching these old school players play and talk game. Kaysar is reading the house so well.
It sounds like Keesha is going to talk to Memphis later to try and solidify him with Kaysar/Janelle

I literally love watching these old school players play and talk game. Kaysar is reading the house so well.
It sounds like Keesha is going to talk to Memphis later to try and solidify him with Kaysar/Janelle
Kaysar seems to be playing the best game so far this season (in a waaaay too early to tell statement) and it's so fun seeing "newer" fans finally get why us older fans love him.

And it's go time. Hoping for some fireworks when the feeds come back up.