Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Going to Disney for First Time in 10 Years

Nov 18, 2010
Port of Entry
Orlando United,

I am going to Magic Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for the first time in just about 9 or 10 years on Monday.

We have to go to EPCOT in the morning to pick up our tickets, then we are going to go to Hollywood Studios first, then Magic Kingdom.

I have no idea how to navigate around Disney or which way I should go in the parks and what to do first, last, etc.

Do you guys think you could help steer me in the right direction?

Well here's what I would do. Park at Magic Kingdom ticket and transportation then hop on Epcot monorail and grab your tickets. Then they should have a bus to take you to DHS or if you want you can take boat out of the back of World Showcase to DHS but it stops at the few hotels, makes for a relaxing 20min ride or so. Or you could walk lol. Then just get back to Epcot and hop on monorail from Epcot to T&T and ten switch over to MK monorail and your good to go

Well here's what I would do. Park at Magic Kingdom ticket and transportation then hop on Epcot monorail and grab your tickets. Then they should have a bus to take you to DHS or if you want you can take boat out of the back of World Showcase to DHS but it stops at the few hotels, makes for a relaxing 20min ride or so. Or you could walk lol. Then just get back to Epcot and hop on monorail from Epcot to T&T and ten switch over to MK monorail and your good to go

Thanks!

No problem. It sounds confusing but it's not too bad. There's really a few ways you can go about it but that's probably the way I would do it since you are ending your day at the Magic Kingdom

I usually get FPs for Toy Story when I get to DHS. That standby line can just get way, way too long. Other than that, everything else is basically fair game. If ToT and Rockn' get long, they'll usually die down in a little bit. And both usually have Singles open if need be. Star Tours never gets long enough to worry about, and I'm convinced most people don't know Muppets and GMR exist.

As for MK, I've got no real solid strategy. Hopefully someone going has a smartphone, and if they do make sure to download a wait time app. Really helpful here. You need to do Big Thunder and Splash at night. Don't bother with Stich. Do Phillarmagic even if you are weary about another 3D film. If you're going by Mansion and it's short, you might as well do it. I find that if I leave it until later, it'll end up at 45 minutes somehow. It seems to fluctuate quite a bit. My favorite place for Wishes is on top of the train station, but it might be hard to get and it's kinda fair for Magic, Memories and you.