Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grand Avenue & Muppet Courtyard

I’m pretty sure we’re looking at the beginning of the end of this attraction. Muppets is good, but the film quality hasn’t quite held up. I wouldn’t be against them gutting this for an actual Muppets ride, but I guess we all know that isn’t likely to happen.

I don't really agree about the film quality. When I saw it a few weeks ago I thought it looked great.

Sigh disney just doesn't care about the muppets. Grand Avenue should be a true muppet land with MV3d, a dark ride, restaurants, and shops. The Muppets are a perfect IP for a theme park if done right.

I’m pretty sure we’re looking at the beginning of the end of this attraction. Muppets is good, but the film quality hasn’t quite held up. I wouldn’t be against them gutting this for an actual Muppets ride, but I guess we all know that isn’t likely to happen.
The beginning of the end was the fountain downgrades, loss of balloon and the installation of an easy to update non-descript theater marquee.

Some of the insiders on Magic were saying last year that the Muppet presence at DHS was safe (for the foreseeable future, anyway).
I agree it's probably safe for at least a few years, especially since it's right near Galaxy's Edge. They need the capacity. But once they get going on any projects for the park again, i'd be slightly worried. Sure, there are things in far more need of updating and/or complete demo/replacement, but I could see a quick Muppet replacement project happening.

The beginning of the end was the fountain downgrades, loss of balloon and the installation of an easy to update non-descript theater marquee.
The balloon had to go as it would've been seen from SWGE.

The fountain and Marquee I agree with though.

I really thought that when they rethemed Pizza Rizzo and the restroom that there was a possibility of a Muppets themed land. Little did I know it was more of Disney’s Tangled toilet hijinks