Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Great Wolf Lodge coming to Orlando

This is a big shake up near WDW. Great Wolf Lodge is a name up in the midwest, popping up next to local theme parks for hotel/water park accommodations. I see this being a no-brainer move.

This is a big shake up near WDW. Great Wolf Lodge is a name up in the midwest, popping up next to local theme parks for hotel/water park accommodations. I see this being a no-brainer move.
Yes, they do well in those areas. Anyone that I've known that attended one has said really good things about the experience. They're also good for a mini vacation.

But isn't it known as an indoor water park up north? What will it be in Florida? It can't hinky like they pull in frozen wilderness there.

But isn't it known as an indoor water park up north? What will it be in Florida? It can't hinky like they pull in frozen wilderness there.

They have all kinds of activities. Beyond the water park, some have MagiQuest, 4D theaters, ropes courses, mini-golf, and more. This is perfect for families that want to go to the parks one day, and stay in the next day without feeling like they're missing out.

Indoor water park may be more of a draw than some think. On a rainy day or during the winter months this could be a huge draw. May also pull local staycation business away from Disney. I know when I am looking to do a staycation I want lots to do at the hotels since I can see Disney whenever I want.

Indoor water park may be more of a draw than some thing. On a rainy day or during the winter months this could be a huge draw. May also pull local staycation business away from Disney. I know when I am looking to do a staycation I want lots to do at the hotels since I can see Disney whenever I want.
Yes, I strongly agree. I think that's the strength of these places. Good location. Plus, they'll be there to pick up the scraps from Disney.

Volcano bay and now this, could it kick start Disney into upgrading their water park offerings? Probably not!

Indoor water park may be more of a draw than some think. On a rainy day or during the winter months this could be a huge draw. May also pull local staycation business away from Disney. I know when I am looking to do a staycation I want lots to do at the hotels since I can see Disney whenever I want.

Hell, this would draw me (a mild heliophobe) in during the summer months. On those near triple-digit temperature days, I'd take the covered, air-conditioned water park every time.

Reactions: *Q*
Ever since I moved down here I said there's a huge opportunity for Kalahari and/or Great Wolf. You've got the daily summer thunderstorms that can cut a water park day short, the occasional cold spells that have the WDW water parks shutting down, and then those ridiculously hot, sticky days where you don't want to really be outside at all, even in a water park. An indoor water park resort should do gangbusters here.