Grinch Attraction Possible for USH? | Inside Universal Forums

Grinch Attraction Possible for USH?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jan 10, 2013
No man's land: SoCal
Now that the Grinch trailer has surfaced, I feel like this is going to do very will in theaters. A while back, I recall there being rumors for a Mount Crumpet coaster headed for IoA, which didn't happen. IF this movie does well, I could see the dust being blown off of the plans to bring this to both coasts.

If this comes to USH, I think AA and SES would be a very ideal location for it. It would be in the vicinity of DM and SLoP to make it Illumination Land, it would be perfect during Grinchmas to have the tree lighting ceremony and have Mount Crumpet looming behind, and finally, it would boost USH's coaster count. USH desperately needs another coaster.

What do you think? I think Mount Crumpet would compliment the skyline for Universal City very well.

Reactions: tankart150
Now that the Grinch trailer has surfaced, I feel like this is going to do very will in theaters. A while back, I recall there being rumors for a Mount Crumpet coaster headed for IoA, which didn't happen. IF this movie does well, I could see the dust being blown off of the plans to bring this to both coasts.

If this comes to USH, I think AA and SES would be a very ideal location for it. It would be in the vicinity of DM and SLoP to make it Illumination Land, it would be perfect during Grinchmas to have the tree lighting ceremony and have Mount Crumpet looming behind, and finally, it would boost USH's coaster count. USH desperately needs another coaster.

What do you think? I think Mount Crumpet would compliment the skyline for Universal City very well.

I recall we talked about this a while back, and I remember we talked more about a dark ride as opposed to it.

If the film does well, which it only has competition with WiR and Spider-Man (which come out later in November/December), I wouldn't be surprised that it's something thought of for Orlando, but that I wouldn't be sure of Hollywood.

I have heard however that Grinchmas will be getting some changes this year in general, so we may want to hold reservations until we see how successful those endeavors are and how the film does.

I would love for Mount Crumpit, and that it'd add as a nice backdrop for the hollywood hillside that could actually work well with Jurassic, depending on what happens. But to be honest, I see what is most likely right now being the Pets project at Globe, SS22-25, and the cluster of Mummy and Soundstages 33-37/41-44/Rehearsal hall before we see anything on Special Effects and Animal Actors.

Don't see it happening in Hollywood.

I do see Grinchmas getting a reboot though, especially if it lines up with the rumors of the mini Illumination land.

A Grinch is a Christmas story and at such, it would be out of place for other seasons like Spring and Summer.

Not entirely.

Grinch has been in numerous other specials and stories, all on different manners of topic like the halloween special of Grinch Night for example.

Grinch would be an odd choice, but it could make sense if you do it in a way that doesn't entirely cater it to the holiday spectacle.

That said, like what Chris said, don't see it happening.

I recall we talked about this a while back, and I remember we talked more about a dark ride as opposed to it.

If the film does well, which it only has competition with WiR and Spider-Man (which come out later in November/December), I wouldn't be surprised that it's something thought of for Orlando, but that I wouldn't be sure of Hollywood.

According to BoxOfficeMojo's release schedule, it's opening November 9th, the week after Dark Phoenix, and the week before the second Fantastic Beasts movie. It'll probably win its weekend, but I'm not sure it'll have the legs needed to be considered for a ride.

According to BoxOfficeMojo's release schedule, it's opening November 9th, the week after Dark Phoenix, and the week before the second Fantastic Beasts movie. It'll probably win its weekend, but I'm not sure it'll have the legs needed to be considered for a ride.

I would argue it will, it however depends on the marketing of the film and where it target's it's core audience.

It's also competing against Disney's Nutcracker film the week before. It's going to be a weird early November

November and December in general is rather chaotic as it is.

However, to put into perspective the animated films releasing from November to December, alongside some of the big hits.

Nov 2nd
X-Men: Dark Phoenix
Nutcracker

Nov 9th
The Grinch
Girl in The Spiders Web

Nov 16th
Fantastic Beasts Part II

Nov 21st
Wreck It Ralph 2

Dec 14th
Mortal Engines
Spider-Man: Into The Spider-Verse

Dec 21st
Bumblebee
Aquaman
Alita: Battle Angel

Dec 25th
Mary Poppins Returns

Outside of X-Men (depending on how good it is), The Grinch should be able to gain money until Wreck It Ralph, even if it takes a dip due to Fantastic Beasts. And even then, we will probably see holiday marketing help carry it to still be in theaters until after Christmas ends, and that international numbers will be probably much stronger this time than domestically.

To bring this back however, once again, if you want a Grinch coaster if this is successful; you may want to look at other places that would have more space and ability to do it.

I would love a year-round Grinch ride. But I'd be shocked if they even brought back the Mt. Crumpit Snow Plummet slide.

NPNGrinch%2B%252813%2529.jpg

I would think Universal would finally work on the Mt Crumpit ride for Seuss Landing before even thinking of adding it to USH. Expect some changes to Grinchmas at best for the moment.

Reactions: GadgetGuru
If the movie does well, I don’t see them green lighting the ride immediately. There’s too much on Universal’s plate.

There’s also the art styling. A Mount Crumpit with the movie styling would feel out of place. They could either use the current art style or slowly convert the entire land to the movie style (please no!)

If this ever happened, the only logical place would be to replace Animal/SES. That would also mean WaterWorld would be the last theater show in the park. So I would bet the lower lot would see a large scale theater show being added in.

I would think Universal would finally work on the Mt Crumpit ride for Seuss Landing before even thinking of adding it to USH. Expect some changes to Grinchmas at best for the moment.

USH still has other bigger attractions like Nintendo/Diagon to add before they add this. Universal might want it to be a Orlando exclusive attraction.