Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Grinchmas 2013

Jun 13, 2013
Germany
We just decided to come to California in December and now I have some questions about Chrinchmas. I know it's a bit early, but we got an awesome offer for cheap flight tickets today and we have to buy them quick.

What are the dates for Grinchmas 2013? I saw 2012 they were December 8th & 9th and daily from 15th to 31st, can we expect them to be around the same time?

Is the Grinch out for a meet only on that days or is he there for the whole month of December?

How is the weather like in December, is it raining a lot? We only have been to California in September and October!

I hope someone will help to answer my questions!

With in the past years Grinchmas has slowly been getting more and more popular as has HHN. If space permits(which i think it will) Grinchmas will see a minimum of the same amount of days from last year if they don't decide to add more. AA i feel will be the new stage for Seasonal shows. One of the reasons it got its refurb is so that It doesn't feel like a Jungle during HHN or Christmas.

With in the past years Grinchmas has slowly been getting more and more popular as has HHN. If space permits(which i think it will) Grinchmas will see a minimum of the same amount of days from last year if they don't decide to add more. AA i feel will be the new stage for Seasonal shows. One of the reasons it got its refurb is so that It doesn't feel like a Jungle during HHN or Christmas.
That makes so much sense now. If it's a generic setup, you can easily change it to whichever seasonal event is coming up.

They can also do that in Special Effects Stage as well. Thats SUPER generic. I'd prefer to see a Grinch show in SES, I think it would give it more opportunities to be more grand and more detailed, etc.

I think AA has more seating then SES and also a bigger height which will be needed to house the Tree. I dont think USH wants to put the show in a building cause it makes it feel less authentic/more staged.

There's still the Studio Tour for that....sort of. Besides, if they deck out the interior of SES to look like Whoville and have a fantastic show in there, I think it'll be a big hit! Hell, it's always "night" in there so they can have a Tree Lighting all day too.

I need to see the Christmas tree outside. The setup for Grinchmas this year was awesome. You could see that something was going on all over the park when the lighting show started. And it was just awesome. People went in not expecting much, but came out really delighted.

I need to see the Christmas tree outside. The setup for Grinchmas this year was awesome. You could see that something was going on all over the park when the lighting show started. And it was just awesome. People went in not expecting much, but came out really delighted.
I agree the tree needs to be outside. Last years set up was they best ever. You could see the lights flickering on all the trees around the arena and gaint WHO tree in the middle and the enourmas grand stand sitting though it did cause congestion it made that area look and feel warm and whimsical. I dont know if will see anything close to that this year but USH would be smart to try and make the entire park even more cheerful not just the Grinchmas tree area.

Grinchmas has now become the busiest days for theme parks in recent years.  The latest record breaking attendance day was during Grinchmas 2010.  I can imagine with Universal Plaza this December will be extremely busy.