Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 102 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'll bite: how?
If the rumored story is to be believed it should be a fun romp through space and back to the big bang.

I assume that some education component will be included, per Alicia's video.

Plus, Epcot is the only Disney park without a headliner coaster of some kind.

To me it fills a void in the line-up

I suppose it fits 'new' Epcot better than the one in 1980, but to me it seems like a great idea for a flailing park.

Reactions: snayberry
If Martin over on Magic is accurate, a revamped Universe of Energy was a competing concept alongside Cosmic Rewind. We obviously know which one won out.

He seemed to think, based on what he heard, that it was a pretty cool-sounding project for UOE.

Reactions: Alicia and Skold
If the rumored story is to be believed it should be a fun romp through space and back to the big bang.

I assume that some education component will be included, per Alicia's video.

Plus, Epcot is the only Disney park without a headliner coaster of some kind.

To me it fills a void in the line-up

I suppose it fits 'new' Epcot better than the one in 1980, but to me it seems like a great idea for a flailing park.

Well, I think we just need to call it a stalemate till it opens. I'm less optimistic on any educational aspect of the attraction but I do agree another thrill ride, especially a coaster, is needed.

Reactions: Alicia and Tristan
Times have changed, and so has Epcot’s brand.

Yes, it is now a confused thematic mess that has no identity.

Disney wants to cash-in on nostalgia (things like the new entrance, the new logo, etc. are meant to buy goodwill from classic Epcot fans) while also moving further and further away from what it once was AND without actually explaining what they want the new identity of the park to be beyond the most vague terms. Those three things are in open conflict with each other.

If Martin over on Magic is accurate, a revamped Universe of Energy was a competing concept alongside Cosmic Rewind. We obviously know which one won out.

He seemed to think, based on what he heard, that it was a pretty cool-sounding project for UOE.
*sigh*

I’ve said here before - and it’s been corroborated - that the only “other” project being considered for that space was a generic Big Bang coaster that, upon going to Bob C, got Guardians slapped on it. Any sort of revamped Universe of Energy would have been years removed from the actual discussions that led to something being approved, because Epcot was firmly behind Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for dollars.

The Internet fairly regularly talks itself into thinking that it’s missed out on things that are better than what they actually missed out on. See Galaxy’s Edge third attraction.

*sigh*

I’ve said here before - and it’s been corroborated - that the only “other” project being considered for that space was a generic Big Bang coaster that, upon going to Bob C, got Guardians slapped on it. Any sort of revamped Universe of Energy would have been years removed from the actual discussions that led to something being approved, because Epcot was firmly behind Animal Kingdom and Hollywood Studios for dollars.

The Internet fairly regularly talks itself into thinking that it’s missed out on things that are better than what they actually missed out on. See Galaxy’s Edge third attraction.

I don't believe I generally mischaracterized what Martin said in the past (i.e. that there was another option for the space that he thinks would have been more appropriate), but I suppose it's possible I'm not remembering correctly.

I would take a "generic Big Bang coaster" over what we're getting.

If it was the Exxon Mobil Energy Coaster then it would REAL Epcot

Instead we're stuck with the friggin Guardians of The Galaxy

I bet their movie will bomb SMDH

I get the nostalgia of Epcot at what it originally stood for, which was a cool concept. But let be real, most people want to travel the world showcase, have a bunch of drinks and food, and then ride some awesome rides. For locals it may be different, but to people visiting, or visiting Orlando briefly, the original concept of Epcot is an afterthought. They would rather ride Guardians than a super up Ellen; Sorry I'm not sorry.

I don’t really get the thematic integrity argument. Epcot always felt like two different themes smashed together and connected by a body of water.

I don’t really get the thematic integrity argument. Epcot always felt like two different themes smashed together and connected by a body of water.

ironic.jpg

Your still thinking of the original message of Epcot. Times have changed, and so has Epcot’s brand.

Personally, I think making every park basically the same with slight aesthetic differences is the best as it totally destroys any illusions Disney stans have that their parks are superior thanks to theming or high concepts.

Anyway, continuing how this company is a joke and doesn't know how to run theme parks.

Personally, I think making every park basically the same with slight aesthetic differences is the best as it totally destroys any illusions Disney stans have that their parks are superior thanks to theming or high concepts.

Anyway, continuing how this company is a joke and doesn't know how to run theme parks.

Lmao Disney

tenor.gif

Don't do the "Us vs. Them" thing.

Theme park fans should want all the parks in Orlando to be as good as they can be.

Also, plenty of caveats in BM's article; I expect Cosmic Rewind to open for Epcot's 40th (which is still too slow, being five years after announcement).