Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 105 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For CR you def have a point. For Tron no.
You're comparing apples and oranges. No timeline was ever given for Nintendo Orlando. TRON was announced 4 years ago and at the announcement said it would be open by now. If it's another 1.5 to 2 years away, that's a hilariously long time for it to open. Meanwhile Universal always said Nintendo would open first in Japan, and it has

Reactions: Cheezbat
In the end James Gunn didn't even film them for the ride. Taika Waititi did during shooting for Love and Thunder
This was reported by blogs, but was unconfirmed. Since then Gunn said he will be filming for the ride, (presumably when they shoot Guardians 3, which is happening soon).

Gunn confirming that he will be the one doing it:

And him mentioning the attraction again:

Reactions: GA-MBIT and Nick
this is something people are overlooking. Tron is a clone and something that should have been copied and pasted with minimal effort. Instead they have keep the train shutdown for what will probably be the rest of the 50 now
Yes....Transformers clone at USF....Leveling of existing building. Excavation. Complete built utilizing revisions to original design (elevator) due to size of building. . Grand opening. Apx. a year and a handful of days.

So apparently the queue is called the Wonders of Xandar Pavilion...
gtg024935802934802394823.jpg

From the Disney Parks Blog:
Today my fellow Imagineers Tom Fitzgerald (left) and Scot Drake (right) gave us a new look inside the Wonders of Xandar pavilion currently under construction. Here you see them in the Galaxarium, which when completed will feature a planetarium-type presentation where the Xandarians show us their world, their people and their advanced technologies.

This was reported by blogs, but was unconfirmed. Since then Gunn said he will be filming for the ride, (presumably when they shoot Guardians 3, which is happening soon).

Gunn confirming that he will be the one doing it:

And him mentioning the attraction again:

I doubt a few days in front of a green screen is what is really holding up this ride.

He's talking about SNW, but actually as far as I remember, one of Tron or GotG was slated to go along Sunset and replace Fantasmic. I can't remember which one, but it was on the table for awhile before everything settled.
Didn't know that. GOTG going to Sunset would be weird, especially if it didn't replace RNRC. Two music themed launch coasters right next to one another
I think had this been done, ToT would've 100% been turned into Mission Breakout so they could have their own mini-land. This was around the time all of that was happening.
I can't believe I'm going to say this, but thank god it's going into EPCOT in that case

The most baffling thing is that in all of the potential configurations, they never considered the actually appropriate one:

Cosmic Rewind - Tomorrowland
TRON - Future World

Guardians is about alien worlds, a no-brainer fit for Tomorrowland, while -- with a few tweaks to "story" and preshow -- TRON could have easily been an easy (or at least less obtrusive) thematic fit for Epcot ("Experience the latest in gaming and computer technology at ENCOM's tech symposium, hosted at Epcot.").

The most baffling thing is that in all of the potential configurations, they never considered the actually appropriate one:

TRON - Future World

Guardians is about alien worlds, a no-brainer fit for Tomorrowland, while -- with a few tweaks to "story" and preshow -- TRON could have easily been an "experience the latest in gaming and computer technology" easy (or at least less obtrusive) thematic fit for Epcot.
My first article on my website in 2017 said exactly this. Tron should be where Guadians is, and I believe if the current version of Test Track didn’t look so much like Tron on the inside, it would’ve been.

TRON - Future World

Guardians is about alien worlds, a no-brainer fit for Tomorrowland, while -- with a few tweaks to "story" and preshow -- TRON could have easily been an easy (or at least less obtrusive) thematic fit for Epcot ("Experience the latest in gaming and computer technology at ENCOM's tech symposium, hosted at Epcot.").

Plus, Tron in Epcot would make that park have more kinetic energy with Tron's outdoor section

I remember when people were saying it would involve nods to old Epcot and thus "fit". Or go back to the big bang. But nope.
The Big Bang is supposedly still a part of it, probably on the ride? They still said the ride will involve time travel in today's announcement, and the monorail spiel says we'll go all the way back to the Big Bang.

The Big Bang is supposedly still a part of it, probably on the ride? They still said the ride will involve time travel in today's announcement, and the monorail spiel says we'll go all the way back to the Big Bang.
Hell, Harmonious looked like the 'Big Bang'. Pure chaos. unbridled. :eek:O: :blackeye:

Last edited:
Reactions: Disneyhead
I can say I was really surprised by how massive the building is for this ride, seeing the barges out on the lake is one thing, but seeing the building from outside/inside the park -- seeing GE from World Drive -- but then again, we only recently saw Pandora from AK's parking lot. Anyway, just wanted to post a pic from the monorail that gives some idea.

bagravity.jpg

Reactions: belloq87