Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 106 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
My only issue is that I would've probably gone with a different image for the promotional material because this was bound to get a lukewarm reception.

Reactions: Nico
My only issue is that I would've probably gone with a different image for the promotional material because this was bound to get a lukewarm reception.
I honestly don't think they should've shown inside the building. I know they want to prove that this ride actually exists and it's happening, but like... what they showed was quite frankly embarrassing. It'll get people excited about a coaster, sure, but this ride is absolutely NOT supposed to be seen with the lights on since it's all screens pretty much (and minimal set pieces).

I honestly don't think they should've shown inside the building. I know they want to prove that this ride actually exists and it's happening, but like... what they showed was quite frankly embarrassing. It'll get people excited about a coaster, sure, but this ride is absolutely NOT supposed to be seen with the lights on since it's all screens pretty much (and minimal set pieces).
That's what happens when you try to create a five year marketing plan for a ride that should have taken three years...

Ah, remember the halcyon days when we were talking about how the fit in Epcot because Peter Quill visited Epcot as a child?

Reactions: belloq87
Epcot has been primarily slow, heavily themed, indoor rides for the past 39 years. This is long, long, long overdue.

I didn't say build a slow dark ride (though I wouldn't have complained). I said build something heavily-themed.

I reject the notion that the only avenues are:

1. Slow-moving, highly-themed dark ride.

or

2. Coaster in a dark, empty box.

Reactions: Grabnar
Epcot has been primarily slow, heavily themed, indoor rides for the past 39 years. This is long, long, long overdue.
I didn't say build a slow dark ride (though I wouldn't have complained). I said build something heavily-themed.

I reject the notion that the only avenues are:

1. Slow-moving, highly-themed dark ride.

or

2. Coaster in a dark, empty box.
I agree with you both sort of and you guys are actually sort of agreeing with each other in a round about way.

The ride you guys are thinking about as a comp for what this ride SHOULD have been like is The Mummy. An immersive, themed, and thrilling coaster, all done inside of a box.

Reactions: Tobias and belloq87
I agree with you both sort of and you guys are actually sort of agreeing with each other in a round about way.

The ride you guys are thinking about as a comp for what this ride SHOULD have been like is The Mummy. An immersive, themed, and thrilling coaster, all done inside of a box.

If you were to ever see a picture of the inside of Mummy, it would look EXACTLY like what they just showed for Guardians lol.

If this was going to have show scenes and physical effects on the level of ROTM, I would be completely satisfied.

If you were to ever see a picture of the inside of Mummy, it would look EXACTLY like what they just showed for Guardians lol.
The difference is there's a lot more to the Mummy than just the coaster-in-the-dark sections; there isn't more to Cosmic Rewind (at least as far as we've heard).