Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 107 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Epcot's first coaster is one of the world's longest (indoor) with a backwards launch and unique vehicle plus a heavily themed queue w AA's and video segments directed by the trilogy's original director. I don't see how we can call this a failure just yet. It's certainly the most exciting Disney ride since ROTR for me although I doubt it ends up anywhere as good as that or even Mummy. Maybe it can trump Gringott's tho...

It does seem odd to show the part of the ride with (seemingly) the least amount of effects going on.

The only thing I can think is that they really want people to know that this will be a coaster from start to finish, so they’re showing spaghetti track to make sure no one mistakes it for a Gringotts-esque experience.

Reactions: Parkscope Joe
Epcot's first coaster is one of the world's longest (indoor) with a backwards launch and unique vehicle plus a heavily themed queue w AA's and video segments directed by the trilogy's original director. I don't see how we can call this a failure just yet. It's certainly the most exciting Disney ride since ROTR for me although I doubt it ends up anywhere as good as that or even Mummy. Maybe it can trump Gringott's tho...
I thought the AA's were cut?

Reactions: Legacy

Do people think this is going to be a failure based on that photo?

It shows a 1/3 of the gravity building. With the lights on.

Don't forget that it doesn't show the first launch and the exit out of the building or what's going on in the original UoE building, nor that there's a second lift hill.

giphy.gif

Do people think this is going to be a failure based on that photo?

It shows a 1/3 of the gravity building. With the lights on.

Don't forget that it doesn't show the first launch and the exit out of the building or what's going on in the original UoE building, nor that there's a second lift hill.

giphy.gif

So, being one who is legitimately excited and intrigued for this coaster (after the surprise hit that was Mission Breakout, I have faith GotG will be 2 for 2 when it comes to Disney rides based off the property.), I do agree that showing the inside of the gravity building is a bit of a no-win situation.

The Disney audience that prefers highly themed rides won't like the sight of a empty looking building with nothing but coaster track and light theming around it. Others will look at the inside and wonder why on earth is it taking them so long to build and open this, the list goes on.

To be blunt, the inside of indoor coasters are never flattering. For the most part they're pretty dang plain and empty. Mummy (With the exception of the unload station, the coaster segment is just painted scrims/flats at various parts), Rock n' Roller Coaster (painted flats), Flight of Fear (just track), Space Mountain. Thing is, I enjoy all of those coasters! But there's a reason they're kept in the dark, and showing a part of the inside with the lights on is not gonna' hype their audience up.

No strong rumors so far.

I'm expecting October of '22, for Epcot's 40th, but that's based on nothing.
They've started the ride footage filming, and it's A LOT further along than most people think .they had done the pull through almost a year ago...but honestly I would not be surprised if they don't delay it until August, so it's exactly one year late. They kept Rat ride SBNO for six months even when they needed capacity and they are gonna ride the wave of pent up demand from international for the next 12 months so they aren't going to need to pull more people in over summer. Would be a good inducement to bring people back for fall '22 if it opens after the schools go back

Reactions: belloq87
They've started the ride footage filming, and it's A LOT further along than most people think .they had done the pull through almost a year ago...but honestly I would not be surprised if they don't delay it until August, so it's exactly one year late. They kept Rat ride SBNO for six months even when they needed capacity and they are gonna ride the wave of pent up demand from international for the next 12 months so they aren't going to need to pull more people in over summer. Would be a good inducement to bring people back for fall '22 if it opens after the schools go back
A YEAR ago? JFC

Yup. This was released Nov 2020, they could have done this even earlier. They wouldn't have been able to test ride envelope without s full loop
"I'm coming to you today to announce that we have finished Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind....'s pull through after 3 years of hard work. We are looking forward to having everyone take a ride in 2040"

"If you have any questions, please consult our terrifying story mannequins in the Creations Shop"

• Haha
Reactions: Mad Dog
Maybe I just can't parse everything I'm looking at... but it doesn't seem as though they're maximizing the space that the giant showbuilding affords them,