Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Begin your adventure by touring the Galaxarium—a planetarium-like exhibition showcasing the similarities and differences between Xandar and Earth's galaxies. You'll even get to discover some of the incredible wonders of Xandar and learn about their technology.

Just as you are about to reach the culmination of the tour, everything goes sideways, and you are called into action to help the Guardians of the Galaxy. Join Rocket, Groot, Gamora, and Star-Lord on an urgent mission where you'll rewind, rotate and head towards the action through an exciting space pursuit.

Ready for an awesome quest across the cosmos to save the galaxy? It’s all up to you!

This thread is for the general discussion of the attraction. For large photo updates and to post reviews visit the Reviews, Media, & Spoilers.

Guardians of the Galaxy attraction coming to Epcot | Inside Universal

Last edited by a moderator:
giphy.gif

So.. do we know what the ride system actually is? If it was a coaster i'd have expected them to show it off.

Edit: All that talk about young families an i cant see it being a coaster..

Interesting to see some of the verbiage used in PR.

"A brand new E-ticket attraction based on the rockin’ and action-packed world of Guardians of the Galaxy"
Rockin' Rollercoaster clone #doubleconfirmed!!!

Seriously though I wouldn't expect to know the details of the ride yet. It's called marketing, and Disney is amazing at it.

Rockin' Rollercoaster clone #doubleconfirmed!!!

Seriously though I wouldn't expect to know the details of the ride yet. It's called marketing, and Disney is amazing at it.

Yeah - that's not where I was going with it.

It's not a GOTG attraction per se - but an attraction based on the world of GOTG.

Yeah - that's not where I was going with it.

It's not a GOTG attraction per se - but an attraction based on the world of GOTG.
Not sure whats the difference is...like the new Mickey Ride is based off the world of Mickey Mouse??

Not trying to be rude just don't see the difference

Well since the Nova Blaster appear outside prominently and then again in what appears to be the preshow with the full cast (Peter and Gamora inside one, Groot and Rocket outside with the audience) I'm assuming it plays a major role in the attraction.

Maybe we're new Nova cadets? Nova Blasters can link together to form a shield, have blasters that can shoot of course, and tractor beams to move people and things as needed.

Anyone else think maybe interactive darkride parts..?

Not sure whats the difference is...like the new Mickey Ride is based off the world of Mickey Mouse??

Not trying to be rude just don't see the difference

Well regardless of what our stance was regarding the rumor, we know there was going to be limitations if it did come to fruition. I'm just noticing the PR speak is sort of dancing around a bit. Could be nothing at end of the day.

The ride will still have the Guardians. Although it's shown everyone but Drax - which most of us have thought would be the trickiest to show up.

The only sliver of hope I'm clinging to regarding this attraction is what they said about Peter Quill being an Epcot fan. I'm 95% sure that was thrown in there for pure, pandering fan service and will have no bearing whatsoever on the ride, but maybe... just maybe... it's going to be relevant somehow.