Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

How could TRON or Cosmic Rewind not be ready by next year if they wanted them to be?

After already intentionally delaying them, that would be horrific ineptitude.

Nah that ride was ready awhile ago
Do you have an idea of when they want Tron to open in 2022? Early or Late in the year? If it’s earlier in the year, I can see where the problems would be as they still need to get the railroad done and the tunnel it will go through, along with the multistory walkway to get to the entrance/exit. I feel like that is going to take a bit to finish by Disney standards. Also, the interior of the ride isn’t even done yet and there’s barely any theming anyway.

It's frustrating to our little community, but the people who go to the parks don't know that Ice Breaker or Iron Gwazi are pretty much done. That don't know when Tron and GotG were supposed to open and at this point, it's basically Halloween and Holiday stuff the rest of the season once we get past summer.

I don't like that I have to wait longer, but that's why I now choose not to give Disney Parks any more money, currently. When they open new rides, i'll pay to go back. No one is forcing me or you to go. But that's the thing, Disney doesn't want people like me because they don't see me as a high spender. If Disney is opening new rides every year and debuting new fireworks shows like they are, they simply don't need to debut two or three new rides on the same day (October 1).

Again, I don't like it, but it's what it is and I can't fault them for it because it's working for them. They don't care about us anymore - they just want the high paying guests who don't do any research beforehand and don't know what a Universe of Energy or IllumiNations is. I just will continue to not give them my money as long as this is their strategy.
I don’t disagree with any of this, but it makes it a whole lot easier for them to get away with it when large portions of the online fanbases for Seas and Dis hold the opinion that “Actually its smart and good to not open rides that are ready to open.”

I don’t disagree with any of this, but it makes it a whole lot easier for them to get away with it when large portions of the online fanbases for Seas and Dis hold the opinion that “Actually its smart and good to not open rides that are ready to open.”
I think you’ve mixed up “smart and good” with understanding why they’ve chosen that route. There are people whose paychecks are dependent upon delivering attendance over a longer timeline than this booking cycle, and those people at some level get a fairly loud say.

That said, I can see why other people are vocally disappointed that they don’t open things in a timely fashion. Spider-Man versus Ratatouille would be an good undergrad level case study for someone to put together because if you dig deep enough it’s a solid example of how the same company can come to different conclusions in seemingly similar circumstances.

It makes sense if they don’t want to open things right away and have attractions for future years to not open things. A complaint about the number of attractions we’re getting feels more appropriate.

I think you’ve mixed up “smart and good” with understanding why they’ve chosen that route. There are people whose paychecks are dependent upon delivering attendance over a longer timeline than this booking cycle, and those people at some level get a fairly loud say.

That said, I can see why other people are vocally disappointed that they don’t open things in a timely fashion. Spider-Man versus Ratatouille would be an good undergrad level case study for someone to put together because if you dig deep enough it’s a solid example of how the same company can come to different conclusions in seemingly similar circumstances.
I think we all “understand” why they do what they do. I also don’t think people here fall into the “actually this is a good thing” camp. But I see it *a lot* on Twitter. And at that point you’re not a fan of theme parks, you’re just a corporate mouth piece for your favorite brand.

Do you have an idea of when they want Tron to open in 2022? Early or Late in the year? If it’s earlier in the year, I can see where the problems would be as they still need to get the railroad done and the tunnel it will go through, along with the multistory walkway to get to the entrance/exit. I feel like that is going to take a bit to finish by Disney standards. Also, the interior of the ride isn’t even done yet and there’s barely any theming anyway.
Can’t open that ride next year if it’s not finished. That’s all I was saying. And as you’ve mentioned, Tron still has a lot left to finish.

I get that, but the fact is we're coming off one of the worst things to ever happen to this industry. Why open everything this year when you won't be able to open anything the next few?

I think we all “understand” why they do what they do. I also don’t think people here fall into the “actually this is a good thing” camp. But I see it *a lot* on Twitter. And at that point you’re not a fan of theme parks, you’re just a corporate mouth piece for your favorite brand.
Ahhh... I avoid Twitter entirely so that's probably another reason for me to keep avoiding it lol

A nice round-up of what is currently known/rumored about the attraction courtesy of @Alicia...

I won't harp on my reservations about this attraction (which remain), but I will say that not cloning Rocket's AA from Mission Breakout is kind of an egregious bit of cost-saving laziness.

Why is Alicia so good to us?

I'm still not sure what to expect from a thrill perspective. I'm assuming something on par with Mummy.

I know there's some contention about Guardians in Epcot, but I am sticking by my statement that this could be a real win for Epcot and breathe some new life into the park

Why is Alicia so good to us?

I'm still not sure what to expect from a thrill perspective. I'm assuming something on par with Mummy.

I know there's some contention about Guardians in Epcot, but I am sticking by my statement that this could be a real win for Epcot and breathe some new life into the park
Mummy may be a good comparison, because while it doesn’t go that fast, it has a perceived high thrill level. With launches and rotating (inside a building too,) Guardians will probably feel more thrilling than it looks.

And seeing how insanely long the line is for Test Track every morning, this is exactly what the market wants in EPCOT for sure. Fun and fast ride to offset all the slow and relaxing stuff.

Mummy may be a good comparison, because while it doesn’t go that fast, it has a perceived high thrill level. With launches and rotating (inside a building too,) Guardians will probably feel more thrilling than it looks.

And seeing how insanely long the line is for Test Track every morning, this is exactly what the market wants in EPCOT for sure. Fun and fast ride to offset all the slow and relaxing stuff.
Yes, Mummy only goes 40-45mph at maximum which inside with flashing strobes and darkness feels way faster

I feel the rotation, projection effects, and lighting will no doubt make it feel speedy and chaotic

And yes, Epcot has been overdue for a coaster...Guardians fits in Epcot like a glove to me, send tweet