Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

The PR spin in there is really something.

"Epcot's legacy is about real science!"

*builds an attraction about aliens and fictional galactic worlds*

But at least we're "deep in the final stages."
But what even does "deep in the final stages" mean if it's not gonna open until late 2022/Early 2023.

To be fair, it will have been a decade since the Nintendo deal by the time it finally comes to Orlando.
Yes, however it is open in Japan and will be open in Hollywood likely before GotG as well.

Nintendo was also an interesting case like Avatar/Pandora where the third party basically forced the theme park's hand to announce earlier than they would've liked to.

Yes, however it is open in Japan and will be open in Hollywood likely before GotG as well.

I thought it's likely delayed until 2023? Either way it will have taken an insanely long time. Yeah yeah pandemic, but was a factor for GotG and Tron too.

I'm thinking Oct.1st 2022, on EPCOT's 40th Anniversary.
Yeah, probably. If Tron is truly opening for the 50th celebration, that means sometime in 2022 as well. I wonder if we may see a Summer opening for Tron and Fall for GotG? Although construction on Tron has been lagging...

And this isn't even mentioning PLAY!, a project they announced in early 2019 BEFORE the last D23 Expo and was supposed to be open in 2021. It's a kids area with no rides. Once again, these things just simply shouldn't be taking so long.

To be fair, it will have been a decade since the Nintendo deal by the time it finally comes to Orlando. I get that it's a whole new park being built so some forgiveness there, but it might be eight years by the time it opens in Hollywood.

You can go into a Super Nintendo world right now. This isn’t even the same and you know it.

I take it this was originally for DHS?
He's talking about SNW, but actually as far as I remember, one of Tron or GotG was slated to go along Sunset and replace Fantasmic. I can't remember which one, but it was on the table for awhile before everything settled.

He's talking about SNW, but actually as far as I remember, one of Tron or GotG was slated to go along Sunset and replace Fantasmic. I can't remember which one, but it was on the table for awhile before everything settled.
Didn't know that. GOTG going to Sunset would be weird, especially if it didn't replace RNRC. Two music themed launch coasters right next to one another

Didn't know that. GOTG going to Sunset would be weird, especially if it didn't replace RNRC. Two music themed launch coasters right next to one another
I think had this been done, ToT would've 100% been turned into Mission Breakout so they could have their own mini-land. This was around the time all of that was happening.

The other thing with this ride is the filming of the content. Between the director issues and COVID that really pushed this out as well
In the end James Gunn didn't even film them for the ride. Taika Waititi did during shooting for Love and Thunder, going to the point i've long had that this could've been filmed whenever they wanted to along the line. They just didn't. They could've filmed it during filming for Endgame - the ride was already long announced. James Gunn was never needed for this process.