Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

I worry that I will walk away from this coaster thinking that everything it does story-wise could have been accomplished in a RnRC retheme. We’ll see I guess.
That's kinda where i'm at. This will probably be a better coaster than if they just did a retheme, but for the amount of time it's taken and money, I almost feel like it would've been a better use to do a rethem and just get it open quicker.

...but then there's the part of me that knows RNRC sits next to ToT and would've worried that they would've want two GotG rides by retheming ToT to be Mission Breakout as well. And as much as I love Mission Breakout, I always liked DHS's ToT better than DCA's and would've hated to see the change.

That's kinda where i'm at. This will probably be a better coaster than if they just did a retheme, but for the amount of time it's taken and money, I almost feel like it would've been a better use to do a rethem and just get it open quicker.

...but then there's the part of me that knows RNRC sits next to ToT and would've worried that they would've want two GotG rides by retheming ToT to be Mission Breakout as well. And as much as I love Mission Breakout, I always liked DHS's ToT better than DCA's and would've hated to see the change.

Walking down Sunset Boulevard and seeing Mission Breakout's exterior building would be much worse than walking down Hollywoodland and seeing Mission Breakout's exterior building.

Honestly they could just retheme RnRC to the Incredibles once the Aerosmith contract expires

I feel like our ToT really would suffer more than DCA's did if it got converted

It always amuses me that the Internet defaults to thinking that Mission Breakout would have been ported from one ToT to a quite dissimilar ToT, especially given there’s a Marvel franchise that is almost wholly based on going through 5th Dimension-esque portals and would have allowed for leaving the exterior of the building close to as-is and not a metallic junk show.

It always amuses me that the Internet defaults to thinking that Mission Breakout would have been ported from one ToT to a quite dissimilar ToT, especially given there’s a Marvel franchise that is almost wholly based on going through 5th Dimension-esque portals and would have allowed for leaving the exterior of the building close to as-is and not a metallic junk show.

Is Dr. Strange featured on the meteor crash in MSHI?

Is Dr. Strange featured on the meteor crash in MSHI?
Nope - definitely usable. Hence the meet and greet when the movie came out.

Don’t get me wrong, nothing for that section of the park was ever going to make it far because those were two of the four rides the park had for multiple years. But there were things that made it not far and things that were never in the race - Mission Breakout being in the latter category. Then, to bring the thread back on subject, nothing was going to happen because the focus turned to Epcot.

Last edited:
Disney confirms filming begun (may already be done?) in today's press release:

Disney Imagineers were recently on-set for “Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3” to film with the Guardians for this new attraction.

The Summer 2022 mention for this was probably the most notable announcement from the presentation today, so that could bode well for me actually returning to the park for a visit in the Fall. (The other thing that needs to happen is for Takumi-Tei to reopen.)

According to wdwthemeparks.com I understand that their will be no animatronics at all used in Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. I must say as much as I was really excited to see this attraction come to life at Epcot next year I am sick and tired of screen based attractions plus rides that require 3D glasses. When will this finally go away? You would think the future of theme park rides and attractions won’t be mainly based on screen based attractions I think people want to see more rides based with real physical sets plus new state of the art animatronics that’s just me. I am not trying to say this ride is going to be terrible just because it has screens but in my opinion we need more attractions like Hagrids over at IOA where it doesn’t use any 3D or screen projections period I hope Epic Universe isn’t totally saturated with 3D glasses type rides and screen based attractions.

According to wdwthemeparks.com I understand that their will be no animatronics at all used in Guardians of the Galaxy Cosmic Rewind. I must say as much as I was really excited to see this attraction come to life at Epcot next year I am sick and tired of screen based attractions plus rides that require 3D glasses. When will this finally go away? You would think the future of theme park rides and attractions won’t be mainly based on screen based attractions I think people want to see more rides based with real physical sets plus new state of the art animatronics that’s just me. I am not trying to say this ride is going to be terrible just because it has screens but in my opinion we need more attractions like Hagrids over at IOA where it doesn’t use any 3D or screen projections period I hope Epic Universe isn’t totally saturated with 3D glasses type rides and screen based attractions.

We know what we're getting with MK and the HTTYD show if it comes. If Monsters and Ministry are about the same screen-physical ratio as SLOP and JWA, I don't see anyone complaining. But I do find it amusing that Disney is picking up on the screenz craze.

Last edited:
Hey listen I am not bashing an attraction that hasn’t even opened yet to the public and won’t be not until next year but not to have at least one animatronic would be nice for something like Guardians of the Galaxy a Groot AA or a Rocket AA would be nice even a Drax AA maybe down the line an AA will get installed in the future.

An Entertainment Weekly article promoting this ride is claiming animatronics will be a part of the ride. Here's the statement from the article:

Kicking off with a backward launch, the fast-paced attraction will rocket riders through time and space and into the largest "show building" on the property, complete with animatronics, digital media, and the James Gunn-directed series' signature soundtrack of pop-rock hits, all in the name of amping up the same "energy and excitement" from the films.

Starting in the summer of 2022, riders will traverse aboard revolutionary vehicles that rotate — in a controlled turn versus free-spinning motion — toward the action Imagineers want you to see, while the coaster track travels in another direction. Think of it as akin to Disney's Omnimover-style staples like the Haunted Mansion, but with a kick.

An Entertainment Weekly article promoting this ride is claiming animatronics will be a part of the ride. Here's the statement from the article:

Kicking off with a backward launch, the fast-paced attraction will rocket riders through time and space and into the largest "show building" on the property, complete with animatronics, digital media, and the James Gunn-directed series' signature soundtrack of pop-rock hits, all in the name of amping up the same "energy and excitement" from the films.

Starting in the summer of 2022, riders will traverse aboard revolutionary vehicles that rotate — in a controlled turn versus free-spinning motion — toward the action Imagineers want you to see, while the coaster track travels in another direction. Think of it as akin to Disney's Omnimover-style staples like the Haunted Mansion, but with a kick.

Idk if this is true but I know at some point a budget to work on a groot AA I think was approved, not even sure if it’s for that character though.