Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion | Page 111 | Inside Universal Forums

Guardians of the Galaxy: Cosmic Rewind - General Discussion

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I wasn’t really expecting any AAs , except maybe in the queue. If the ride is “fun” or “thrilling” it will be forgiven. Epcot desperately needs rides that are either.
A full-bodied/movement Groot AA in the queue (as seemed to be shown in the original concept art) would've been great. Still holding out a sliver of hope that there will be an AA in the queue.

To spend half a billion dollars on a ride that will be primarily in a giant, (mostly) empty, dark box seems like a shocking misuse of funds to me. If you're spending that amount, this should be the most extraordinarily-themed coaster in existence.

So we'll see how it turns out!

To spend half a billion dollars on a ride that will be primarily in a giant, (mostly) empty, dark box seems like a shocking misuse of funds to me. If you're spending that amount, this should be the most extraordinarily-themed coaster in existence.

So we'll see how it turns out!

It's Disney. The coaster probably cost $40-50M, the building similar or more (no clue on building costs), and the remaining $400M was Imagineering's expenses and some cheap lights. Okay, that is an exaggeration. The lights probably cost a little bit.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Is this on par with Hagrid in term of budget ?
Rumors have always been somewhere around $500M. But how much of that is actually for the attraction I’d be interested in knowing since we know Disney loves to bundle costs when they have a big overarching park refresh going on.

Supposedly the Universe of Energy building was in slightly worse shape for their purposes than they expected once they got in there and gutted it, which necessitated some infrastructure work that wasn't planned for.

But even so, it's a ludicrous amount of money for a single ride with (as far as we've heard up to this point) not a ton going on during the actual ride experience.

Reactions: Freak and shiekra38
I can't wait for this to open just for the sole purpose of some of these walls coming down. :lol: That current Epcot entrance pathway. Woof.

The ship itself looks pretty nice!...though it looks like they weren't able to make the concept art a reality with that big grey support to hold it up. At first I thought it was something temporary to hold the cockpit in place while they build it, but then I noticed the permanent looking connection plates along the bottom fin/wing to bolt to the support. Oh well.

The ship itself looks pretty nice!...though it looks like they weren't able to make the concept art a reality with that big grey support to hold it up. At first I thought it was something temporary to hold the cockpit in place while they build it, but then I noticed the permanent looking connection plates along the bottom fin/wing to bolt to the support. Oh well.

If you look closely at the concept art there's an additional wider fin on the bottom.

guadianship.png

Under the ship in the second and fourth pictures of tweet you can see a flat black surface right next to where the ship is secured to the support. I assume that last fin will be attached there.

Reactions: Nick and Tobias