Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 47 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There were heavy whispers tram was returning this year, but now I'm hearing the opposite, so unclear what's going on there. It seems unlikely we will have two (or even one) maze in the "tram garage" spot.

As for auditions, someone may or may not have come across a contemplated scenario in which those who were scare actors in the 2019 or 2018 seasons would only have to submit paperwork online and not have to formally audition.

That was the set-up in 2016 and not-so-coincidentally, it's often considered one of the best HHNs ever..
Yeah, I think it's no coincidence that most of the years with 6-7 mazes are the years people look back to as some of the best years. As much as I wish we could just have a budget that could sustain 8-10 mazes, I think I've come to terms with the fact that'll probably never happen. Another silver lining is that the fewer mazes in a year, the fewer IPs are used, and the lower the chances of returning IPs and IP rot over the years, with some exceptions.

That was the set-up in 2016 and not-so-coincidentally, it's often considered one of the best HHNs ever..

2016 was the only year I‘ve attended Hollywood’s HHN and thought it was great! If this is what fans consider the sweet spot, I’m all for it.

There were heavy whispers tram was returning this year, but now I'm hearing the opposite, so unclear what's going on there. It seems unlikely we will have two (or even one) maze in the "tram garage" spot.

As for auditions, someone may or may not have come across a contemplated scenario in which those who were scare actors in the 2019 or 2018 seasons would only have to submit paperwork online and not have to formally audition.
I’d be surprised if Tram returned. The GSATs were never high and it costs a LOT to run.
2016 was the only year I‘ve attended Hollywood’s HHN and thought it was great! If this is what fans consider the sweet spot, I’m all for it.
If the 12 years I’ve attended HHNH, 2016 is still my favorite year. It is still the gold standard quality-wise for HHN. Last year was my second favorite and ‘14 and ‘11 aren’t too far behind.

I’d be surprised if Tram returned. The GSATs were never high and it costs a LOT to run.

If the 12 years I’ve attended HHNH, 2016 is still my favorite year. It is still the gold standard quality-wise for HHN. Last year was my second favorite and ‘14 and ‘11 aren’t too far behind.
Tram seems especially tricky this year considering they'd have to stagger seating and clean the trams super frequently. Only real reason I can see it coming back is because generally it could still pump a lot more people through in an hour than the mazes back there could.

Here's another question: could we see another 2014-like year where there will be no show? If there is one, I would imagine they would be enforcing every other seat to seat people in the castle theater.

I think it will be just a few mazes. There was no indication on that drone video that anything was going on on the back lot. But it could be early to. Guess we have to wait for another video.

I think it will be just a few mazes. There was no indication on that drone video that anything was going on on the back lot. But it could be early to. Guess we have to wait for another video.
With films not being done as much, you'd think this is the perfect time to do mazes down there.

With films not being done as much, you'd think this is the perfect time to do mazes down there.

I'd assume for the sake of the backlot, there's still some scheduling to figure out, even if it isn't being used as much for productions. Same goes for 29, would be simple to stay to the course for now.

The next venue after Waterworld, should be either Mummy or Parisian (if it gets used).

Here's another question: could we see another 2014-like year where there will be no show? If there is one, I would imagine they would be enforcing every other seat to seat people in the castle theater.

I would imagine no show. Logistically it's probably just easier not to do one this year. One less thing to worry about.

If I had to bet on locations, if we're only having 6 mazes I'm gonna guess WW, SS29, Mummy, Metro, 747, and FDTD, and I guess you could count WD since that was already said to be coming back unless they choose to cut it, since that would be a super easy cut to make. Also maybe a gauntlet back in Parisian if theyre not using it, since it's less close quarters than a maze and it could help fill out the upper lot, but I think that could depend on the scarezone situation this year.

• Wow
Reactions: chris.g
If I had to bet on locations, if we're only having 6 mazes I'm gonna guess WW, SS29, Mummy, Metro, 747, and FDTD, and I guess you could count WD since that was already said to be coming back unless they choose to cut it, since that would be a super easy cut to make. Also maybe a gauntlet back in Parisian if theyre not using it, since it's less close quarters than a maze and it could help fill out the upper lot, but I think that could depend on the scarezone situation this year.
You lost me on all the abbreviations. I got water world, soundstage 29, and mummy.

You lost me on all the abbreviations. I got water world, soundstage 29, and mummy.
Metro is the location Murdy has referred to as the Metro Sets, its where Frankenstein meets the Wolfman was, 747 is because its built outside soundstage 747, this is where Ghostbusters was, and FDTD doesnt have a lot of its own characteristics to go off of, so the abbreviation is based on From Dusk Till Dawn, the first maze to be in that location, this is where Creepshow was, WD is the Walking Dead attraction, and Parisian is the Parisian Courtyard, which is where Holidayz in Hell was last year.

Reactions: tacalert
at the 2:54 mark I swear that guy walking to the left is in the Frankenstein costume. He's even waddling like frank. But why LOL.
It's just Murdy trying to go the bathroom after eating at the taco bell in citywalk, no need to insult him like that.

Reactions: DTH
Status
Not open for further replies.