Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks! I know the spec maps are just that - speculation. I don't recall ever hearing any murmurs about a TCM maze coming this year. Interesting.
It’s a rumor that circling around for the last couple months. I’m all for it for 3 reasons.
1. We should always have at least 1 iconic slasher per year.
2. It’s a familiar icon/maze so casual fans will already know what to expect.
3. For the new fans, it’s their first experience and will make them invested in slashers.

I would imagine (/hope) that they would at least finally go for one of the sequels this time around and open the door for new scenes / settings.
They won’t do a Halloween maze again until next year and based on the events going on in our country. This is a maze that wouldn’t take long to put together.

I would honestly be surprised if waterworld is TCM or any of the sequels, since as far as I can tell the facade as it is doesn't resemble any structure I can think of from any of the movies, but of course this is with the acknowledgement that early facades rarely look much like their final product, for example the Doyle house in 2016 making everyone think krampus was going in JP Queue, or the Slaughtered Lamb facade fooling a lot of people (Including me) into thinking it was the Myers house for a bit. I could see them doing an original concept TCM house, but even then that's kinda been done just a few years back. Unless they go full original or have one of the sequels in name and base concept only, kinda like FVJ, I don't really see it happening

The fact Bourne wasn’t doing shows tells me it won’t be open upon the reopening of the park to the public on Friday.

tumblr_oj5ulxuXPr1v2yhvzo1_500.gif

They could do TCM every year as long as it's the remake/Back in Business/07-08 version, as far as I'm concerned.

If TCM is coming I’m curious to see what spin they could do. Hopefully it’s the remake, or maybe even their own spin on the family.

I feel like Blood Brothers was essentially their own spin. It was a weird mix of Part 2 mixed with the first one, mixed with their own ideas. I believe Murdy called it his 1.5.

Really hope they do something a little different with TCM this year, like maybe do the amusement park from Part 2 and introduce a factory theme. Have crazy Sheriff Dennis Hopper or something. I think they could really play up the Campy parts and make a fun horror-comedy maze.

tbh I don't think they'll ever fully commit to doing a TCM chapter 2 maze, but if it's gonna be partially original again, it could be nice to see a horror nights spin on a requel, set some years after the original, since this year seems pretty big for requels as is (Candyman, Halloween Kills). Could sort of be like what Texas Chainsaw 3D was trying to be if it didn't suck.

There was that tweet from John a while ago that I can’t for the life of me remember. He was talking about working on a maze and he said something along the lines of it being about a film that “doesn’t exist” or something like that. Am I crazy for remembering that? Could that have been referring to us getting a new take on TCM like many of you guys have suggested?

There was that tweet from John a while ago that I can’t for the life of me remember. He was talking about working on a maze and he said something along the lines of it being about a film that “doesn’t exist” or something like that. Am I crazy for remembering that? Could that have been referring to us getting a new take on TCM like many of you guys have suggested?

My interpretation of this is that the first 3 mazes possibly 2 of them are IP Originals (ala Monsters spinoff, TCM BB) and possibly 1 straight original.

This one right here. Which I believe the 2 IP Originals would be TCM and UCM the Bride (Seeing as TPU's article mentions Frankenstein's Bride vs Dracula's Brides) based on current rumors from everyone.

This one right here. Which I believe the 2 IP Originals would be TCM and UCM the Bride (Seeing as TPU's article mentions Frankenstein's Bride vs Dracula's Brides) based on current rumors from everyone.
Yeah I was thinking of that last one specifically that’s the one thanks

We should discuss TPU’s article pertaining to new rules and regulations for HHN. I know his is about ORL but it could be the same for Hollywood in terms of having to use the app to maneuver through the night

We should discuss TPU’s article pertaining to new rules and regulations for HHN. I know his is about ORL but it could be the same for Hollywood in terms of having to use the app to maneuver through the night
Probably my favorite idea in the whole app navigating you through the park thing in the TPU article is it being themed to Jack taking over your app and essentially highJACKing your night. If it’s true and Orlando gets Jack “controlling your night” could we maybe get the return of Hollywood Harry in our app?

Probably my favorite idea in the whole app navigating you through the park thing in the TPU article is it being themed to Jack taking over your app and essentially highJACKing your night. If it’s true and Orlando gets Jack “controlling your night” could we maybe get the return of Hollywood Harry in our app?
That’s very possible. I would like a new character but I have no issue with Harry. My biggest issue is that you would most likely have to buy an express ticket to enjoy your night

That’s very possible. I would like a new character but I have no issue with Harry. My biggest issue is that you would most likely have to buy an express ticket to enjoy your night
Hollywood is a very different park from Orlando. I’m real interested to see how this system will work. I have no problem getting express personally but I can see how that could be a dealbreaker for others

Hollywood is a very different park from Orlando. I’m real interested to see how this system will work. I have no problem getting express personally but I can see how that could be a dealbreaker for others
That is true. I rely on Early Entry so I’m curious to see if they still have that for standard ticket buyers

Status
Not open for further replies.