Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 50 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is no chance in hell they will do anything like what TPU was suggesting for Orlando, in Hollywood. The park layout basically prohibits it. Try telling any guest to walk all the way from the park entrance to the Metro Sets, then to return to the Upper Lot to the Waterworld Queue, then back again.

There is no chance in hell they will do anything like what TPU was suggesting for Orlando, in Hollywood. The park layout basically prohibits it. Try telling any guest to walk all the way from the park entrance to the Metro Sets, then to return to the Upper Lot to the Waterworld Queue, then back again.

Honestly presuming Uni would want to save coin by trying to “synergize” their system makes me have doubt that the TPU thing will happen on either coast.

I’d say it’s as bad as going from the soundstages to the parade building at USF. At least the metro set houses are all clustered together without outrageous queues and switchbacks like in Orlando.

I’d say it’s as bad as going from the soundstages to the parade building at USF. At least the metro set houses are all clustered together without outrageous queues and switchbacks like in Orlando.
I mean even as bad as walking from the parade buildings to the soundstages must be, I dont think it could compare to a situation where once you finished whatevers in the metro sets, the app tells you to walk all the way through the tunnel, through the lower lot, up the starway, and through the upperlot to waterworld next, and then once youre done there it tells you to go back to FDTD. Orlando is a larger overall footprint, but hollywood has a lot more varied terrain.

I mean even as bad as walking from the parade buildings to the soundstages must be, I dont think it could compare to a situation where once you finished whatevers in the metro sets, the app tells you to walk all the way through the tunnel, through the lower lot, up the starway, and through the upperlot to waterworld next, and then once youre done there it tells you to go back to FDTD. Orlando is a larger overall footprint, but hollywood has a lot more varied terrain.
Aw man, I totally forgot about the “Toxic Tunnel” and how far back you actually are! Good call.

Agreed 100%. They said, I do wonder what kinda special measures they’ll take, if any. Maybe more one-way walkways?

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Agreed 100%. They said, I do wonder what kinda special measures they’ll take, if any. Maybe more one-way walkways?

I have to imagine we'll see one-way circuits for Springfield (already common), Toxic Tunnel (again, already generally exists), and maybe the thoroughfare of the Lower Lot. Metro Area between Mazes 2 and 3 becomes an easy chokepoint - not sure how they'll manage that, especially when there's no room to expand the path with an emergency road immediately adjacent. It's possible more queue could get placed in the New York Streets (we saw some of that this year with Ghostbusters extended queue), but that creates additional problem for backstage maze/cast/f&b infrastructure.

Does anyone know if the Beetlejuice rumor was just speculation taken too far? Or is there a legitimacy to it? There's been a lot of radio silence on it recently.

Does anyone know if the Beetlejuice rumor was just speculation taken too far? Or is there a legitimacy to it? There's been a lot of radio silence on it recently.
I'd say beetlejuice is a pretty safe bet, theres a decent amount of talk for it over in Orlandos thread, and he was popular during the 80s nights last year. Only real reason he hasn't been brought up much here is speculation in general is down to a crawl without much construction info.

I got an email saying HHNH auditions will be announced in the next couple weeks.
Very nice to hear, I was a bit worried that they had filled most of their spots since they asked past Hollywood actors to return.

Wow, I'd love a Beetle Juice Maze.....Ghost Busters for me was by far the best maze last year (not the scariest but to me the best) and think BeetleJuice could have a similar kinda energy.
Also to comment on a only one way for Hollywood...it would be hard to do.

They could try it but think it would end up a mess with how small most walkways are.

Knowing there's two mazes directly next together makes me wonder if the 747-adjacent spot will still be there, and how they'll handle lines.
I think it could be possible they'll use a virtual queue system. Now walking from the backlot to the front over and over again would be tiresome, but what if it's organized so you're only going to sections of the park.
Walk in, you're assigned a time to go to the backlot, the lower lot, and the front lot.
When you arrive, there's a short (15-30 minutes) physical line that's socially distant for each maze.
In and out of each "zone" within about 2 hours. Almost like when Potter or Galaxy's Edge opened.

Knowing there's two mazes directly next together makes me wonder if the 747-adjacent spot will still be there, and how they'll handle lines.
I think it could be possible they'll use a virtual queue system. Now walking from the backlot to the front over and over again would be tiresome, but what if it's organized so you're only going to sections of the park.
Walk in, you're assigned a time to go to the backlot, the lower lot, and the front lot.
When you arrive, there's a short (15-30 minutes) physical line that's socially distant for each maze.
In and out of each "zone" within about 2 hours. Almost like when Potter or Galaxy's Edge opened.
I'd rather them just stagger people in all night,

Make some walkways one way but having only X people in this area seems like it would just be confusing for groups that didn't arrive together

Well, during this time, groups not arriving together is probably what they're trying to avoid. If Disneyland is saying "you cannot reserve a day to come here unless you're an AP or already have a ticket," I can see Universal being just as stringent in other ways.

Yeah I can see them doing something like this. They might also utilize different colored wristbands to herd groups of people to certain areas with limited capacity like a “yellow wristbands Metro sets from 7pm to 8:30pm”. I’m sure they can work something out.

Yeah I can see them doing something like this. They might also utilize different colored wristbands to herd groups of people to certain areas with limited capacity like a “yellow wristbands Metro sets from 7pm to 8:30pm”. I’m sure they can work something out.

But then they have to have an employee close enough to you to put the wristband on, or create a self service hazard where people have to pick them up.

Wristbands will probably be long gone. I can see the new wristband being a color coded scan entry or something on a phone (once you've scanned your ticket for entry, maybe a "virtual wristband" pops up on the Universal app).
Imagine, "hold your phones up" instead of "holds your wrists up."

Status
Not open for further replies.