Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread | Page 60 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2020 Old Speculation Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The spec maps did say in small print that rumors are a little weird this year due to delays and uncertainties so we could all be entirely off. For all we know Spirits & Demons could be coming back. Hell, Gremlins could be in the mummy queue with This Is The End making a comeback in Soundstage 29!! At this point anything is possible, and for the first time in years I’m expecting the unexpected.

Soooo, this just came up.

If you've been looking at the 2020 Construction Thread, you'll notice that the Mummy queue maze facade looks an awful lot like the TCM house, rather than anything Invisible Man related. At around 2:30-ish, these guys predicted TCM would be in Mummy, and this was three days before the drone video came out. At around 7:30, they said that Waterworld is Halloween.

So maybe, that facade is something to do with Halloween?

Could be an original Halloween maze, with the facade being the Haddonfield prison, as Michael break's out. And that for the first scene, we see the damage Michael did to any who passed by him.

Eh, I’m over Michael Myers. Either do the new Halloween or do something else. I would be more than okay if they brought back Freddy to do NoES 3 for a house.

I would wonder if Halloween Kill's is not having Miramax involved. If so, it could technically open things up.

Part of me wishes it was an original concept, perhaps a maze adaptation of the Spirit's and Demons scarezone, but it'd make sense if they got something figured out with Halloween.

I wouldn't mind if its Halloween. I would actually welcome it. The Myers mazes have all been great.

Just my speculation. And this is based off past years of them using the trams. And this is due to them wanting to distance everyone and not pack people in. HHN this year will be an add on to your ticket or pass you already have instead of a separate event. Similar to Magic Mountain where the park is open all day and you buy a pass or ticket for the mazes. The Waterworld maze and Mummy maze you will just walk to. The two mazes on the backlot you will be taken to by the tram. Dropped off in the metro area to queue up and then you have your choice of going into one or both mazes. When your group is done, you are back on the tram to return to the tram plaza or maybe to the 747 scene. The toxic tunnel will not exist this year. And the scare zones will be limited. No maze in Parisan square as that will be shut off for the night. No scare zones and no Parisan square equals less workers and security which means lower costs and why it can be an add on event.

Just my thoughts as I am trying to think what is happening with less mazes being constructed and taking distancing into mind this year.

This would be impossible to pull off. Plus it makes no logistic sense.

I wouldn't mind if its Halloween. I would actually welcome it. The Myers mazes have all been great.

This would be impossible to pull off. Plus it makes no logistic sense.
That garage door in WW is VERY interesting.

Yeah trams aren’t coming back. Not for a LONG time at least. The point in getting rid of them was that it costs too much to operate them during the event.

Last edited:
Just my speculation. And this is based off past years of them using the trams. And this is due to them wanting to distance everyone and not pack people in. HHN this year will be an add on to your ticket or pass you already have instead of a separate event. Similar to Magic Mountain where the park is open all day and you buy a pass or ticket for the mazes. The Waterworld maze and Mummy maze you will just walk to. The two mazes on the backlot you will be taken to by the tram. Dropped off in the metro area to queue up and then you have your choice of going into one or both mazes. When your group is done, you are back on the tram to return to the tram plaza or maybe to the 747 scene. The toxic tunnel will not exist this year. And the scare zones will be limited. No maze in Parisan square as that will be shut off for the night. No scare zones and no Parisan square equals less workers and security which means lower costs and why it can be an add on event.

Just my thoughts as I am trying to think what is happening with less mazes being constructed and taking distancing into mind this year.

The only way that it "could" work, is if they go with an Osaka approach, and reduce the amount of mazes and eliminate walking around the Universal Backlot.

You'd be talking at best, two mazes on the Upper Lot, and two to three mazes on the Lower Lot. The two-three ratio, is if they'd use Stage 29 to it's maximum amount.

Reactions: tacalert
The only way that it "could" work, is if they go with an Osaka approach, and reduce the amount of mazes and eliminate walking around the Universal Backlot.

You'd be talking at best, two mazes on the Upper Lot, and two to three mazes on the Lower Lot. The two-three ratio, is if they'd use Stage 29 to it's maximum amount.
Kind of what I just said......I think. Haha

There's a speculation theory that Waterworld is a Warehouse that keeps all of the artifacts from Spirits & Demons of the East.

There’s also speculation that the Mummy section is TCM and WaterWorld section is Halloween.

Eh, I’m over Michael Myers. Either do the new Halloween or do something else. I would be more than okay if they brought back Freddy to do NoES 3 for a house.
Halloween>Invisible man lol
If Halloween doesn’t this year, then it will next year.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it makes you guys feel better, Disneyland has reached an agreement with unions on reopening measures, and California will be releasing a guidance to reopen theme parks on July 4th: Disneyland Reaches Agreement With Unions Ahead of Reopening

The reason I post this here is I still think there's hope we'll experience HHN this year. I think they're gonna cut it insanely close, but I think they're going to be able do it.
So are they just not opening because they can't do is safely by July 17th?

At this point with bars being ordered to close, feels like the next month at least for theme parks is most likely not happening like most wanted it to.

I really do hope the event happens because would love at least one Halloween Themed event to go to but with the virus, seems like every few weeks the narrative changes and even people's opinion on what to do.

Maybe the contracted Blumhouse maze transitioned from Invisible Man to the Halloween reboot? Would be cheaper to develop given all the previous Halloween mazes they’ve done

Kinda strange that they really not doing much for scare zones as the virus spreads less outdoors, they can honestly take a more theatrical approach to the scare zones like in Orlando and that would solve the 6 feet apart problem

Last edited:
Kinda strange that they really not doing much for scare zones as the virus spreads less outdoors, they can honestly take a more theatrical approach to the scare zones like in Orlando and that would solve the 6 feet apart problem
Its all the idiots who run away from the actors outside and into other people

I at least hope they are doing it for attention and not scared enough to truly run away from a person in a mask at a Halloween event

Status
Not open for further replies.