Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
If they do the mazes similar to Orlando, I'd assume they would pulse per group to ensure that there is an element of space maintained between that of the guests and the actors from what I recall seeing from videos and photos of Bedtime Stories and Bride.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
^ That's the video I saw that mentions seeing stuff in SS28.
On a side but related note, how do we think this is going to work logistically, specifically crowd management?
I really don't think we're going to have to worry about that. California has lowest rates in all of the US, vaccine numbers are way up, full economy opening in mid-June, masks and social distancing to be gone in New York around that same time frame. As long as there's no freak variant that kills us all, by September, we will have been back to "normal" for about 3 months (for California at least, allowing other states and international guests still pending).

Again, I've said if they do an "HHN-Lite," it'll be due to budget and not the virus. Hopefully things pick up on their theme park front just in time for them to reevaluate and re-adjust what they plan to do for this year, to add more mazes (in the backlot area, since that's the only area we haven't seen them touch yet). All things considered, for them to start construction this early is actually kinda strange to me since usually we didn't see THIS much action until maybe June. [For reference, the last 2 years, we only saw maybe 1 or 2 mazes see construction start in late May... it's late April, and we know of FIVE -- granted, 2 of them have been kinda sitting there the last year and a half.] Maybe there's work zone regulations that make them have less people for them to feel like they must start earlier, but honestly I see this as a great sign that construction is just beginning.

Last edited:
Reactions: Crazy4Horror
^ That's the video I saw that mentions seeing stuff in SS28.

I really don't think we're going to have to worry about that. California has lowest rates in all of the US, vaccine numbers are way up, full economy opening in mid-June, masks and social distancing to be gone in New York around that same time frame. As long as there's no freak variant that kills us all, by September, we will have been back to "normal" for about 3 months (for California at least, allowing other states and international guests still pending).

Again, I've said if they do an "HHN-Lite," it'll be due to budget and not the virus. Hopefully things pick up on their theme park front just in time for them to reevaluate and re-adjust what they plan to do for this year, to add more mazes (in the backlot area, since that's the only area we haven't seen them touch yet). All things considered, for them to start construction this early is actually kinda strange to me since usually we didn't see THIS much action until maybe June. [For reference, the last 2 years, we only saw maybe 1 or 2 mazes see construction start in late May... it's late April, and we know of FIVE -- granted, 2 of them have been kinda sitting there the last year and a half.] Maybe there's work zone regulations that make them have less people for them to feel like they must start earlier, but honestly I see this as a great sign that construction is just beginning.
After the dumpster fire last year was, I really, REALLY doubt they’re going to be like “okay, it’s June, and the virus is almost completely gone! Let’s build five mazes in Metro!” Not the best choice to bank on things improving. Unlike Florida, they have to rent out space from the studio to make things happen in Metro. I think they’ll just stick to the Curious George lot and 29 (if they’re even using it).

Food for thought: since Ellish got scrapped, do you think it’s possible they may use the assets that were already set aside for that house to make a new theme/music IP? I can’t imagine it would cost that much to possibly change up a few things here and there for a new theme (ala Scream>Purge from HHN 25). They could probably slap Rob Zombie into it.

Reactions: HydraGen2299
Waterworld
Parisian courtyard
mummy queue
Curious George Parking
Possible SS29

M1wwuKh.jpg
ZdgqnSI.jpg

So does anybody have a list of all the locations that are being worked on right now?

I was also curious about that tent perpendicular to the parking garage and why there are tables. Perhaps that isn’t a maze at all but HQ for the event? - Make up and wardrobe?

I mean, this could be a stretch, but there's definitely some similar cobblestone on the house in HOHH.
View attachment 14426
Plus it's still speculated for Orlando, which means they most likely have the rights, and are ok with putting out a HOHH house in 2021.
I was thinking more this...
IMG_20210423_113037.jpg
IMG_20210423_120112.jpg
Top photo being from inside the Funeral Home. 2nd Photo being the Gate needed to be open to go to Hill House.

Edit: But you're absolutely right those Grey Bricks could be for the House facade.

So far based on what I’ve been seeing/reading

6 mazes excluding TWDA (hasn’t been touched inside)

Soundstage29 - Beetlejuice
Mummy Queue - TCM
WaterWorld queue - H3
Curious George - possible repeat of Pandora’s Box & HOHH (bigger tent)
Parisian courtyard - All Hallows’ Evil

Terror Tram may or may not not happen due to queues
Expect big queues overall

No maze in metro set
No mention of scarezones or scaremony as of yet

Reactions: JawsVictim
I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just place HoHH into SS 29. Wouldn’t it make more sense considering that would be the “Netflix venue” and it is an IP that requires bigger sets?

Also, I’m a little apprehensive of HoHH as I fear it’s going to be 85% black walls. I just have a bad feeling about that. If what we’re getting is what we would’ve gotten last year minus a few mazes, I think it would be only fair to use the extra time and resources to tweak the HoHH.

I’m on the studio tour, and saw a tent where Ghostbusters was, past the metro sets. Could be a house?

Attachments

• 7D21F360-A7E9-466A-BFBF-CBA3E3979ED7.jpeg
    7D21F360-A7E9-466A-BFBF-CBA3E3979ED7.jpeg
    381.4 KB · Views: 32
I hope they have the season long haunts again....that is normally the best deal to get all the mazes down without having to wait 3 hours per maze

I don’t understand why you wouldn’t just place HoHH into SS 29. Wouldn’t it make more sense considering that would be the “Netflix venue” and it is an IP that requires bigger sets?

Also, I’m a little apprehensive of HoHH as I fear it’s going to be 85% black walls. I just have a bad feeling about that. If what we’re getting is what we would’ve gotten last year minus a few mazes, I think it would be only fair to use the extra time and resources to tweak the HoHH.
Completely agree with this. I feel like that would be an easy maze for them to use as a lazy excuse to just place black walls and boo-holes with strobe lights. That maze would definitely need a lot of detail as the seats are very nice and I doubt they would want to get into such detail with this year’s budget. Although they will probably do the same for TCM and H3.