Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

Completely agree with this. I feel like that would be an easy maze for them to use as a lazy excuse to just place black walls and boo-holes with strobe lights. That maze would definitely need a lot of detail as the seats are very nice and I doubt they would want to get into such detail with this year’s budget. Although they will probably do the same for TCM and H3.
But even if this year's budget is slashed to all hell (no pun intended), wouldn't most of it be assets already partially created for last year? Like they don't have to pay too much for designing (maybe if they change the location of the maze), and they probably had any set pieces needed already fabricated, so I could imagine a shoe-string budget going further than usual.

No mention of scarezones or scaremony as of yet

I know Newsom is talking about full opening on June 15, but that doesn't mean the theme parks will follow. They have to balance PR with profit and crowding a bunch of people into a theme park prior to herd immunity is bad PR. With that being said, I don't think a scaremony where people are packed into the plaza at park opening is likely this year.

I know Newsom is talking about full opening on June 15, but that doesn't mean the theme parks will follow. They have to balance PR with profit and crowding a bunch of people into a theme park prior to herd immunity is bad PR. With that being said, I don't think a scaremony where people are packed into the plaza at park opening is likely this year.
Eh, I think we’ll have one scarezone this year.

Eh, I think we’ll have one scarezone this year.

I think two scarezones if we are lucky: Scarezone 1 and French Street as an exit to the Parisian maze. With no Metro, it's going to be packed, and the wrong people balked at having scare actors on the Lower Lot in 2019.

I could also see a scenario where distancing/budget dictate no scarezones at all other than French Street.

If there are fewer mazes (all but certain) and no Metro (looking to be pretty certain), I don't see how fewer overall tickets wouldn't be the result, distancing or no distancing.
I mean they will sell as many as they can legally normally but im asking do we think we really wont be at 100% by September. Thats insane to me

Like past August if you do not have the shot its on you...why would any business need to care past summer seems just insane to me.

I mean they will sell as many as they can legally normally but im asking do we think we really wont be at 100% by September. Thats insane to me

Like past August if you do not have the shot its on you...why would any business need to care past summer seems just insane to me.

Without turning this into another COVID discussion thread, there's definitely going to be some bumps and lags in the road as businesses like theme parks decide at what point they more or less return to normal, especially as vaccines become completely available. Some of it comes down to PR and perceptions of what a majority of their audience wants; some of it will come down to whether or not the virus is still prevalent, regardless of how much vaccine is available.

My point was that even if things were running at 100%, they'd still have to sell fewer tickets. There's less acreage and fewer attractions available, so theoretical capacity is lower... unless they opened Wizarding World, which might be a really good idea for a lot of reasons.

No mention of scarezones or scaremony as of yet
Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we only see the 2 upper lot zones, the zone after parisian, and maaaaybe a chainsaw team on the lower lot, if distancing isn't an issue with how tight things get down there.
And as far as scaremony goes, I honestly don't expect it to come back. Disappeared midway through last year for seemingly unknown reasons, and even though it's a staple of this coasts event and is one of the legs up we have over florida, I think whatever caused it to be cut will prevent it from coming back.

Tbh I wouldn't be surprised if we only see the 2 upper lot zones, the zone after parisian, and maaaaybe a chainsaw team on the lower lot, if distancing isn't an issue with how tight things get down there.
And as far as scaremony goes, I honestly don't expect it to come back. Disappeared midway through last year for seemingly unknown reasons, and even though it's a staple of this coasts event and is one of the legs up we have over florida, I think whatever caused it to be cut will prevent it from coming back.
From what I’VE heard (could not be correct, but based on what a few team members said), Scaremony was cancelled 2019 due to issues with the Fire Marshall, which makes a lot of sense due to the possibly dangerous situation that comes from the rush of people running. It’s super fun and my favorite part of HHN tbh, but I def understand why it’s not possible as the event grows in size

Without turning this into another COVID discussion thread, there's definitely going to be some bumps and lags in the road as businesses like theme parks decide at what point they more or less return to normal, especially as vaccines become completely available. Some of it comes down to PR and perceptions of what a majority of their audience wants; some of it will come down to whether or not the virus is still prevalent, regardless of how much vaccine is available.

My point was that even if things were running at 100%, they'd still have to sell fewer tickets. There's less acreage and fewer attractions available, so theoretical capacity is lower... unless they opened Wizarding World, which might be a really good idea for a lot of reasons.
Potter better be open for HHN this year, especially if it's 2014 all over again where we have no shows at all. If Potter is closed during the event.....wooooooooof. Hello two hour lines right off the bat.

Thought I'd bring this up. Remember that video from last year where someone said Halloween was in Waterworld and TCM was Mummy? Even though at that point the Speculation Map said it was at Waterworld and we hadn't seen the facade yet? Well...

2:29:28 - 2:32:45

What was mentioned was...
Halloween 3 - Waterworld
The Walking Dead Attraction
The Texas Chainsaw Massacre - Mummy
The Haunting of Hill House - Curious George Tent
The Curse of Pandora's Box 2 - Curious George 2 Tent
Beetlejuice - SS29

He didn't mention Parisian but I think it's safe to assume that Bride would be going there. He also mentioned Tram is coming back.

we'll have to wait and see
as much as Hill House lends itself to it, we've seen from the past that soundstage doesn't inherently mean impressive design.

Yeah that last Stranger Things maze they had there was terrible IMO. I am really happy to see Hill House back on the map. I know there were rumors here a while ago about it being dropped so I really really hope it translates well.

Overall, that is a pretty solid lineup all things considered. I still fear ticket prices though..