Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2021 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Geez how did I not get a notification for this thread!?

This is how I think the line-up will go (Maze count being based off of Chris' post):

-TWDA
-Halloween 3
-All Hallow's Evil/Original
-Bride of Frankenstein Lives!
-Beetlejuice
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre

We all know where TCM and Halloween are going. Original is going in Parisian and will probably be Hallows. We all know they like to make an original out of the highest-rated scarezone. (Would love to see a Demons of the East scarezone as I'm sure everyone has forgotten the controversy by now, but that's another post for another time).

So that leaves BJ and Bride. I'm pretty certain Metro isn't happening this year (They have no spondoolie to rent it out) so the event will be constrained to just the park itself. I think they can get away with just shoving BJ into SS 29. Bride will probably be placed where the tram plaza is.

There's also the caveat that they *could* bring back the tram. It's expensive to run, but it'll help spread people out to maintain distance from people. Not to mention it would draw people for nostalgia factor alone as it will have been three years since the last Terror Tram. It will probably be another Hollywood Harry or Purge theme if they do it again (Please anything but the Purge). If tram does comes back, then there goes that house venue. The only other possible venue that would be available inside the park would be the glorious return of the JP queue.

So basically, if no tram, Bride goes in tram plaza. If tram happens, either we will see a modified version of Bride for the JP queue or we'll see another concept entirely designed for that venue. I don't think there's enough space to just plop the house there as I would imagine it was designed for the Metro sets and JP queue has less space to work with. Then the lower lot would get kinda crowded.

Then there's also the possibility we'll just get five mazes this year. Though I would feel there's pretty good reason there might be six. :look:

Last edited:
Geez how did I not get a notification for this thread!?

This is how I think the line-up will go (Maze count being based off of Chris' post):

-TWDA
-Halloween 3
-All Hallow's Evil/Original
-Bride of Frankenstein Lives!
-Beetlejuice
-Texas Chainsaw Massacre

We all know where TCM and Halloween are going. Original is going in Parisian and will probably be Hallows. We all know they like to make an original out of the highest-rated scarezone. (Would love to see a Demons of the East scarezone as I'm sure everyone has forgotten the controversy by now, but that's another post for another time).

So that leaves BJ and Bride. I'm pretty certain Metro isn't happening this year (They have no spondoolie to rent it out) so the event will be constrained to just the park itself. I think they can get away with just shoving BJ into SS 29. Bride will probably be placed where the tram plaza is.

There's also the caveat that they *could* bring back the tram. It's expensive to run, but it'll help spread people out to maintain distance from people. Not to mention it would draw people for nostalgia factor alone as it will have been three years since the last Terror Tram. It will probably be another Hollywood Harry or Purge theme if they do it again (Please anything but the Purge). If tram does comes back, then there goes that house venue. The only other possible venue that would be available inside the park would be the glorious return of the JP queue.

So basically, if no tram, Bride goes in tram plaza. If tram happens, either we will see a modified version of Bride for the JP queue or we'll see another concept entirely designed for that venue. I don't think there's enough space to just plop the house there as I would imagine it was designed for the Metro sets and JP queue has less space to work with. Then the lower lot would get kinda crowded.

Then there's also the possibility we'll just get five mazes this year. Though I would feel there's pretty good reason there might be six. :look:

Here's a legitimate question: is it even possible with the current infrastructure in the Jurassic World extended queue--to operate a maze in that venue? Didn't they make the back road in-between that and the Mt. Beanpole facade for SNW hard?

Reactions: Coolbfitz
Here's a legitimate question: is it even possible with the current infrastructure in the Jurassic World extended queue--to operate a maze in that venue? Didn't they make the back road in-between that and the Mt. Beanpole facade for SNW hard?
They needa bring JW queue maze back cause it worked with Insidious 2017
Honestly my biggest concern. A little nervous to see what they announce.
the announcement is what I wanna hear more than anything. When do y’all think we’ll receive one?

Just a point of reference - Calibae was the first to mention this in a video at least a week ago via YouTube. I think I might’ve posted a pic before but I’m happy to see someone else has also posted this and that it’s a new area for a maze

Wonder where scare base is going then, because that's usually where everyone congregates, although I suppose they could just cordon off the area with some chain link and scrims.

Some new merch got spotted. Looks very interesting, seems like they might retheme Walking Dead?

@HHNManics

Just an FYI before you all go too far off the deep end. This Walking Dead merch is NOT "new". It has been available in the parks for a while now. I bought that mug & a hoodie as an Xmas gift in Dec 2019.

Did we all forget it literally had its own section in the Studio Store & Production Central? And that the park closed literally the following week TWD Attraction closed?

Look very carefully at the price-tag. It clearly has the orange marked down/clearance sticker.. They're trying to Purge their merch stock now that the park is open. It's not new, there is no hidden meaning.

Reactions: Coolbfitz
To give some life to this thread, I'll add to the current speculation with extra thoughts...

Halloween 3 (Waterworld) - enough said.

TCM (Mummy) - The new 2021 sequel movie (set 40 years later), will cancel out all sequels (including TCM 3D). It is a direct sequel to the 70s original, so it makes sense this maze would be similar to the one in 2012. I'm expecting recycled sets/props from 2016/2017.

TWD Attraction - while I do expect this venue to be used, I do NOT expect it to be TWD. The most obvious reason being that Universal would probably have to pay AMC since it isn't an IP they own. So I think we might see a retheme for HHN...

Parisian Courtyard - Could be an original, original based on a past SZ, or an IP. We've seen each type of maze here.. I could see Universal Monsters returning to this location.

Curious George - Yay new location! I'm guessing they might use the Studio Tour queue for this maze. It's the closest if you look at a satellite image.

BEETLEJUICE (SS29) - I'd be surprised if Hollywood didn't get this IP maze or this location. Maybe instead of plain black walls, Murdy will give us black/white striped walls instead!

I don't see Hill House happening obviously, but IF we did get another IP maze this year, I would say that "Creepshow 2.0" is very possible. If not, I speculate we'll see an original maze to help budget.

Something I haven't really seen mentioned is possible SZ themes & locations. Realistically speaking- Entrance, NY Facade, French St & Lower Lot. Looking at past events & the current year, here are TWO very possible IPs:

CHUCKY - This killer doll had a scarezone in 2013 to promote "Curse of Chucky". Terror Tram in 2017 for "Cult of Chucky". They own this franchise. AND there will be a NEW SyFy/USA series FALL 2021. It'd be an easy concept to revisit. Also they could throw Chucky back at the park entrance above guest relations like in 2019.

PURGE - Yea yea I can hear the groaning. BUT... this a Universal IP & a simple cheap high-energy SZ concept. Also, the final movie, "THE FOREVER PURGE" will be released July 2021.

French Street - I'd expect this to be the Parisian Courtyard maze finale like 2018/2019.

Entrance/NY FACADE - I'd expect an original themed SZ in these areas (or The Purge). But the only thing that NEEDS to happen is the return of the flame tower!

Lower Lot - Chainsaws 2.0.... unless that's too many chainsaws due to TCM being right there lol.. or just randomly have the SAW pigs due to SPIRAL.

I expect us to only get 6 mazes & 4 SZs, but as of right now, I'm not expecting any shows (outside of entrance Chucky) or Terror Tram (despite it being mentioned on the recent survey). IF we did get Terror Tram, they do have the area behind Bates to play with since Whoville is gone.

Last edited: