Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Construction | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - Construction

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Nov 23, 2013
Seattle, WA!

From UniversalDisneyFan, Curious George 2 (Halloween) is now up of it's tent, and it looks to be prep for the construction lighting! I assumed it but I can be wrong; but it looks like wood is already starting to be put into it? Unsure on that, but it' worth mentioning.

For funsies: this is once again, the earliest that Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood has begun construction--with February 22nd last year being the start date.

I love this because it keeps my excitement longer year-round. I remember the days of waiting for anything until July or August for an announcement, and a decent peek at construction, the event for end of Sept to Oct, then some fun wishful thinking for a week in November, then it'd be back to off season.

This time, we had a maze announced the next day (I think?), a new Horror Nights experience in Vegas announced in January, and construction starting in February. We really are living in a pretty good timeline!

Basically Decemeber is our only "off-season" now for speculation, photos, reviews, and wishful thinking. Which is fair.

Last edited:
So is this because the maze going here is going to be super hard to set up? Like my question is why on what my be your busiest year would you take away a seating area for an extra 3 months.

So is this because the maze going here is going to be super hard to set up? Like my question is why on what my be your busiest year would you take away a seating area for an extra 3 months.

Essentially when they write the treatments and scripts, they have to ensure that it fits for the specifical location's parameters. For the sake of Parisian, you have to deal with the fact that you are not only using the Courtyard itself, but also the area next to that of Mels and the Theater Cafe (and the tunnels in-between them and next to Minion Land).

Orlando usually starts construction nowadays in January/February too, so for Hollywood--it's in the procurement of the materials needed for what they specifically want to make, ontop of the time constructing and adding the things specific for that house itself.

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Parisian Courtyard gets so little foot-traffic, I doubt it'll have much of an effect. I think I see more TMs walking through there than actual guests. That being said, as someone who likes to chill in that section of the park due to aforementioned low foot traffic, it does suck that it sticks around for less and less time each year.

Im guessing that has to be for the chucky maze or some maze were going to get announced real soon, considering what happened with the whole H3 facade debacle.
I think Murdy said Chucky wasnt going to be one of the curious george locations though I could be mistaken. Would be nice to get another announcement soon, but honestly depending on how much of a giveaway the structure itself is, they could always cover certain portions like they didn't do for H3.

Notice they build another small tent that extends out of the main tent to enter this house?
Yes! So many possibilities. What would be its purpose? If an IP, it would have to be an iconic, early-movie scene that exits into the main set. I know it's not Scream (unless it is), but I think it would be something like that - the smaller tent being Casey's house and then exit into Stu's house for the rest of the film.

Im guessing that has to be for the chucky maze or some maze were going to get announced real soon, considering what happened with the whole H3 facade debacle.
Could be an original, like Scarecrow last year. That facade was built and basically done by the time it was announced.

Is it just me, or does that tent look absolutely MASSIVE? That looks like the tallest facade they’ve ever done!
it's definitely tall, but I think we're also getting some forced perspective here because of the distance and tram position. It doesn't look like the facade reaches over the peak of the tent as it stands right now, which places it as at the very least shorter than the Legends Collide facade.

Reactions: Guygas