Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 2023 (USH) - News & Info

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
With the early announcement, we're posting this.. early.

We'll have our 2023 Spec thread up next Monday after we let the dust of 2022's event settle.

Not even speculation, but genuinely shocked by how early the information is.

First time for Hollywood at all, and First time for Orlando since 2014 with the Jack tease for 25. Hope we get dates tomorrow once the site page gets updated.

The door has closed on another year of Horror Nights, and with that comes the start of the frenzy of speculation for 2023. But what about the properties that have no chance of coming?

Keeping in mind on that we aren't really speculating till Monday, my mind lies purely to something else. Perhaps still speculation, but not in the terms of "I want this IP".

It's more in...where does Jabbawockeez fill into HHN 2023. With Castle Theater and Animal Actors expected to close, the options for a large theater venue shrink down completely to leave just one venue for use. But that Venue hasn't been used since 2008, for a show specifically centered on things that do not fit into the MO that Halloween Horror Nights Hollywood is now known for.

Could 2023 be the first time since 2014 that the park doesn't get a live show for the event? Would have to think if that happens; SNW would be defaulted to be open for the event due to the loss of timed capacity. Do they use Waterworld, but as Waterworld? I'd imagine the costs of the venue effects could be a deterrent (neighbors lost the bet on sound isolation when Hippogriff came into place). Or, do they risk losing the party plaza that is Universal Plaza, in favor of resetting the area to have a return to form of a show venue; similar to that of say, Wild Wild West Ampitheater?

It's something I am genuinely wondering more than anything else for Halloween Horror Nights this time around; perhaps more than wanting DawnFM to be present (and I will speak of DawnFM on Monday).

To those concerned about the likely lack of show venues for next year….I said it a few times and I’ll say it again: Universal Plaza.

They did something similar with the Grinchmas Tree lighting ceremonies back when the abandoned Wild West venue was still around: set up a stage and bleachers. If they wanted to do a show all they have to do is set up bleachers, a stage, lighting and audio riggings, and they’re gold.

To those concerned about the likely lack of show venues for next year….I said it a few times and I’ll say it again: Universal Plaza.

They did something similar with the Grinchmas Tree lighting ceremonies back when the abandoned Wild West venue was still around: set up a stage and bleachers. If they wanted to do a show all they have to do is set up bleachers, a stage, lighting and audio riggings, and they’re gold.

Here's a question: Would they risk losing the space that could allow something like Dia De Los Muertos, something that seemingly has been successful enough to be expanded for the 2022 rendition of HHN; for that? I've seen people speak on how it'd lost a large food space like what they had back at Metro, and it seemed rather well defined to fit in well with the Plaza space (Especially this year).

Universal Studios Hollywood has announced dates for Halloween Horror Nights, taking place on select nights between September 7 through October 31, 2023. @HorrorNights #UniversalHHN

General, D/N, RIP for Hollywood
General Admission Range: 74$-107$
UE One Time Range: 209$-309$
UE Ultimate Range: 249$-349$
2PM D/N Range: 149$-182$
2PM D/N Express Range: 329$-439$
RIP Range: 379$-489$
NEW! Early Access Ticket (Early Access at 5PM): 10$-25$

FFP & UFP
FFP: 209$
UFP: 329$

40 Night run with a staggering 7 day period beginning from October 25th to October 31st. Longest run in event history.

Last edited:
Reactions: Jerroddragon
General, D/N, RIP for Hollywood
General Admission Range: 74$-107$
UE One Time Range: 209$-309$
UE Ultimate Range: 249$-349$
2PM D/N Range: 149$-182$
2PM D/N Express Range: 329$-439$
RIP Range: 379$-489$
NEW! Early Access Ticket (Early Access at 5PM): 10$-25$

FFP & UFP
FFP: 209$
UFP: 329$

40 Night run with a staggering 7 day period beginning from October 25th to October 31st. Longest run in event history.
Not surprised at all with how well the event did last year

I kinda wish the ultimate fear pass included Express. I’d be willing to pay it even if it was a little more. Just sucks it’s going to be difficult to be able to manage the crowds with them pay-walking early entry. Now I gotta hope and pray they don’t sell out of early access every time I go. Sucks.

Who the hell is in charge of the stupid decisions this year. Everything is a premium now?! Wouldn’t be surprised if they end up starting to charge to go through the actual houses in future years apart from admission.

Reactions: Freak
I think charging for early access really burns the most. Now if you just get bare bones admission, there is no possible way to do all of the houses without having to fork over $10. Gone are the days when you could get all the houses done even with the most strategic of planning. Ugh.

Reactions: Clive and TableYe
The only positive spin I'd put on this is that for $10, getting 90 minutes of exclusive time could be quite a bargain, especially if you use it wisely in an area that has multiple mazes in a small area.

That's about all good I can say about it. It does suck--although I simultaneously have to admire the business end of it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but I suspect it'll work in Universal's favor. It's sort of free money for them.

The biggest burn is for the FFP people (like me). But if I only had a single night ticket, it'd probably be great, and a heck of a lot cheaper than an Express of VIP ticket to get a possible similar experience.

The only positive spin I'd put on this is that for $10, getting 90 minutes of exclusive time could be quite a bargain, especially if you use it wisely in an area that has multiple mazes in a small area.

That's about all good I can say about it. It does suck--although I simultaneously have to admire the business end of it. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out, but I suspect it'll work in Universal's favor. It's sort of free money for them.

The biggest burn is for the FFP people (like me). But if I only had a single night ticket, it'd probably be great, and a heck of a lot cheaper than an Express of VIP ticket to get a possible similar experience.
True. I'm sure this would be a fantastic bargin for the single night ticket folks. Sucks for the FFP people like us.

I guess if I can burn through three houses before the event begins it would be worth it, but my biggest concern is that they're not going to be well staffed for the super-early people.

Reactions: Clive