The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 441 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I wanna know is, is it an actual rumor that there’s gonna be no alcohol? Or is it everyone just speculating no alcohol like they do every year since forever?

Reactions: shadowrama
What I wanna know is, is it an actual rumor that there’s gonna be no alcohol? Or is it everyone just speculating no alcohol like they do every year since forever?

There is an actual rumor. Will it actually be implemented? Or will it be another suggestion to fall on the floor when it comes to do or die time? Eh I think it'll be more nuanced than "can't even buy a beer", maybe something where the bars will be closed (Finns, Duff, Moe's, tents, etc) but counter service locations will offer it when buying meals. Besides lowered inhibitions when drinking there's also the problem of people walking around with beers without masks on since walking around with a beer is more common during HHN than normal operating hours.

I could see it as maybe bars will be closed, but maybe they still will sell beers in outdoor locations. but maybe not harder more agressive liquors, that way if you wanna get drunk you gotta pay up. This way revenue flows, but the park wont be drunk as years prior. Who knows. Maybe im just spouting horsecrap

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
There is an actual rumor. Will it actually be implemented? Or will it be another suggestion to fall on the floor when it comes to do or die time? Eh I think it'll be more nuanced than "can't even buy a beer", maybe something where the bars will be closed (Finns, Duff, Moe's, tents, etc) but counter service locations will offer it when buying meals. Besides lowered inhibitions when drinking there's also the problem of people walking around with beers without masks on since walking around with a beer is more common during HHN than normal operating hours.
Or maybe they could do something where only bars are open (duffs, Finns, chez, etc) and you have to stay in the area with your drink and aren’t allowed to walk around with it. That’s what I’d personally be doing. Getting a drink and going somewhere away from people and sitting for a little break, just like you would with a little snack and a non alcoholic drink. There definitely won’t be chugging your beer on the express line real quick before you get into the house this year.

I’m fine with all that, but it does have a bearing on how many nights I would wanna go if it’s completely dry and a get in and see the houses and get out situation. Still haven’t bought BOGOs, waiting for multi night tickets, but is it a lost cause?

Or maybe they could do something where only bars are open (duffs, Finns, chez, etc) and you have to stay in the area with your drink and aren’t allowed to walk around with it. That’s what I’d personally be doing.

The issue there is that would just lead to a large group of maskless drunks gathered in one area which doesn't really resolve the problem unfortunately. Those areas are only so big.

What are doing at theme parks right now when it comes to drinks? I can’t imagine it’s a big deal to walk around with a refillable mug and only have your mask off when you are taking a sip for a second?

The issue there is that would just lead to a large group of maskless drunks gathered in one area which doesn't really resolve the problem unfortunately. Those areas are only so big.
Yeah. I was thinking very limited and socially distanced, but that is a fair point.

Reactions: Tbad556
Two thoughts, on the beer situation I just don't see Universal not selling alcoholic beverages this year they need money coming in since the parks aren't able to operate at full capacity.. Yes people are going to want to take their masks off and socialize but the state of alcohol at HHN is nowhere near what it use to be in my opinion a few people on benches won't hurt anyone, I can definitely see the bars in Universal closing if Florida keeps the bars closed this fall..
For the theatre rumor I would love to go through the pit, wing, and stage seeing whatever the play is with the setting and characters.. Then walking through and being dropped into the play and setting almost if we are now in the play this one quickly became one of my most anticipated :party:

Last edited:
Two thoughts, on the beer situation I just don't see Universal not selling alcoholic beverages this year they need money coming in since the parks aren't able to operate at full capacity.. Yes people are going to want to take their masks off and socialize but the state of alcohol at HHN is nowhere near what it use to be in my opinion a few people on benches won't hurt anyone, I can definitely see the bars in Universal closing if Florida keeps the bars closed this fall.. For the theatre rumor I would love to go through the pit, wing, and stage seeing whatever the play is with the setting and characters.. Then walking through and being dropped into the play and setting almost if we are now in the play this one quickly became one of my most anticipated :party:
While the income for universal would be nice for them, safety outweighs that. As someone else pointed out here, if there’s a problem it’ll be instantly traced back to Universal, so they want to keep the risk down. Also, please use spoiler tags as their are people (myself included) who don’t want to know what the contents of the houses are

So as there isn’t much to speculate right now, what is everyone’s favorite house location for sets, themes, and over all? Soundstages? Parade Building? Sprung Tent?

Or maybe they could do something where only bars are open (duffs, Finns, chez, etc) and you have to stay in the area with your drink and aren’t allowed to walk around with it. That’s what I’d personally be doing. Getting a drink and going somewhere away from people and sitting for a little break, just like you would with a little snack and a non alcoholic drink. There definitely won’t be chugging your beer on the express line real quick before you get into the house this year.

I’m fine with all that, but it does have a bearing on how many nights I would wanna go if it’s completely dry and a get in and see the houses and get out situation. Still haven’t bought BOGOs, waiting for multi night tickets, but is it a lost cause?

When I went to HHN Hollywood in 2018 the "drinking area" had a line leading into the bar, so I think that is an easy solution to limited areas problem. I think have alcohol in the bars like Finns but it is just a long line and drinks need to be consumed in the area where there are socially distanced tables. Want a drink? Wait in line and can't have one until one of the tables opens up. Could totally close off the street between Finns and Transformers as the drinking area and put up some cheap easy set up tables that are separated, standing only, so it is easier to just have whatever your party size is just go to whatever table is available. I think it can totally be worked around if walking with drinks is the issue, simple setups like that can solve it I think. It will be different for drinking at HHN but it is a workaround.

So as there isn’t much to speculate right now, what is everyone’s favorite house location for sets, themes, and over all? Soundstages? Parade Building? Sprung Tent?
Personally I’m gonna go with sprung tents because I really like seeing the facade for houses while I’m in line and also I like that they just feel more tight and claustrophobic and usually have the best scares!

Personally I’m gonna go with sprung tents because I really like seeing the facade for houses while I’m in line and also I like that they just feel more tight and claustrophobic and usually have the best scares!
I also love seeing the facades. BUT, I will say one of my all time favorite moments at HHN was in the soundstage for Dead Waters, and turning the corner to see the facade with the riverboat. I literally gasped, having no idea of what awaited me that first time.

I also love seeing the facades. BUT, I will say one of my all time favorite moments at HHN was in the soundstage for Dead Waters, and turning the corner to see the facade with the riverboat. I literally gasped, having no idea of what awaited me that first time.
Oh completely agree soundstages usually have the better facades i just love being in line and seeing it builds up the hype for me. Last year just staring at spauldings musuem of monsters and madmen is one of my fav memories!

on another note I really hope the theater house is called stage fright or something really fun drama kids will love lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.