The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020) | Page 461 | Inside Universal Forums

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would be an interesting house to newcomers that would then go back to see what made Leatherface scary but I wouldn't recommend them to watch the film this house is based on, I think it will be alright, a lot of decent and cool scenes they could replicate and I mean it'd be awesome to see Leatherface come to the event for the third time. Just hope they would bring TCM 2 somewhere down the pipeline, it would be a really good house. I would laugh if they have us put in the middle with Leatherface on our left and the girl on our right and then have her say "Do your thing cuz?" and Leatherface revving the chainsaw, it would seem dumb but it'd be funny to see someone running out of the scene because of it haha
If “do your thing cuz” isn’t in this house major missed opportunity:lol:

I mean it's in the movie, they could technically get away with it, get scared by that and then Leatherface as well while hearing the score and crowd screams from the scene. I just hope that we'll have the og Leatherface in the beginning of the house since this film is a reboot to the original film.

Last edited:
Who thinks we may get a jigsaw pig head scare in the TCM 3D house?
If they take us through the carnival scene then absolutely. I hope they do - just not sure how'd they do it though. But I think it'd be pretty cool.

I mean it's in the movie, they could technically get away with it, get scared by that and then Leatherface as well while hearing the score and crowd screams from the scene. I just hope that we'll have the og Leatherface in the beginning of the house since this film is a reboot to the original film.
I'd consider it more a direct sequel then a reboot. Similar to how Devil's Rejects is a direct sequel to Ho1C.

Sorry to bring up the alcohol topic again but I just saw an article of Epcot's Food & Wine and all the booths will have alcoholic beverages....I know it isn't totally the same but we have all seen people at Epcot get really drunk and rowdy so I am just curious what the difference is to as why Epcot thinks they can sell alcohol while HHN can't

Sorry to bring up the alcohol topic again but I just saw an article of Epcot's Food & Wine and all the booths will have alcoholic beverages....I know it isn't totally the same but we have all seen people at Epcot get really drunk and rowdy so I am just curious what the difference is to as why Epcot thinks they can sell alcohol while HHN can't
Tons of people getting drunk is a nightly incident at Universal, getting drunk during the day at Epcot doesn’t happen nearly as often

Tons of people getting drunk is a nightly incident at Universal, getting drunk during the day at Epcot doesn’t happen nearly as often

I bet there is a large age difference between the two as well and likely different rates of incidences. Food and wine attracts many older people. That said I do wonder if targeted HHN drinking will be permitted- for example I doubt there have been many issues with those drinking in the RIP tour stops.

It’s not “can’t” it’s if they want to. And there’s been a steady drum beat from someone to reduce alcohol at HHN. Nothing is final, we’ll just have to see what happens.

Reactions: Kichkinet85
I don't think it will be a dry event, that's just crazy. I can see it being done one of two ways.

Certainly there will be no queue drink stations. That just causes congestion and gives people a reason to have their mask off drinking when they're in line and that's a problem. The larger tent bars that they curtain up during the day will probably be gone too. Just too much of a congestion point in areas that the crowd has to walk just being a recipe for disaster with crowding and removing of masks.

Since they serve alcohol during the day, I think the places that serve in the day will remain open and server what they serve. So Finnegans would be cleared out and have a socially distanced line going in one way, you go get your drink, and go right out the door. The SanFran bar has that pier that I think would be a socially distanced line, and you get your drink and have to immediately leave the area. Moe's will probably be closed due to the indoor congestion and not seeing how they could organize it, but Duff Gardens would be open. Then I would think that the Transformers bar would be open and the ONE place to get the signature mixed drinks. They'd have to put a socially distant line down that whole street or something.

I think what I mentioned above is almost certain to happen. Option two would be to have the above, and then something with your ticket, or a wrist band, that allows you one drink per xxx time. Or 3 total drinks per night. Or whatever. Idiots are going to idiot and pregame or run out to city walk and liquor up or get drinks for their buddies, etc, etc. But it would cut down on the idiots taking off their masks, getting in your face, assaulting scareactors, getting lost in the house due to innebriation and lack of a conga line, vomiting, etc. Also, it would keep the lines in check making it easier to do the social distancing.

I also think there would be a rule of NO BEVERAGES in queues. Again, just to limit the reasons for removing masks. They'd have to allow for maybe water or something as the heat and line can make you dehydrated...so maybe non alcoholic beverages with straws that you can slip under your mask. So clear bottles of beverages with a straw only or something.

These are 100% guesses and not informed in any way, shape, or form...other than common sense :)

Reactions: Rikku
As somebody that has worked at Epcot. Yes. Yes they absolutely get drunk just as much as hhn

I worked Food & Wine in 2008 and I agree with Living Dead Dude I think plenty of people get drunk at Epcot. And thats why "drinking around the world" is such a thing....but still topic remains for if Epcot is dishing out food and people need to eat/congregate somewhere isn't that breaking social distance rules....or they have something figured out that HHN can also use? Idk...just thoughts. Because drinking aside I am also wondering how HHN can then sell tent food like twisted taters or whatever, or maybe they won't?

I worked Food & Wine in 2008 and I agree with Living Dead Dude I think plenty of people get drunk at Epcot. And thats why "drinking around the world" is such a thing....but still topic remains for if Epcot is dishing out food and people need to eat/congregate somewhere isn't that breaking social distance rules....or they have something figured out that HHN can also use? Idk...just thoughts. Because drinking aside I am also wondering how HHN can then sell tent food like twisted taters or whatever, or maybe they won't?
I can understand maybe no alcohol, but not having the signature food would just be insane.

I don't think it will be a dry event, that's just crazy. I can see it being done one of two ways.

Certainly there will be no queue drink stations. That just causes congestion and gives people a reason to have their mask off drinking when they're in line and that's a problem. The larger tent bars that they curtain up during the day will probably be gone too. Just too much of a congestion point in areas that the crowd has to walk just being a recipe for disaster with crowding and removing of masks.

Since they serve alcohol during the day, I think the places that serve in the day will remain open and server what they serve. So Finnegans would be cleared out and have a socially distanced line going in one way, you go get your drink, and go right out the door. The SanFran bar has that pier that I think would be a socially distanced line, and you get your drink and have to immediately leave the area. Moe's will probably be closed due to the indoor congestion and not seeing how they could organize it, but Duff Gardens would be open. Then I would think that the Transformers bar would be open and the ONE place to get the signature mixed drinks. They'd have to put a socially distant line down that whole street or something.

I think what I mentioned above is almost certain to happen. Option two would be to have the above, and then something with your ticket, or a wrist band, that allows you one drink per xxx time. Or 3 total drinks per night. Or whatever. Idiots are going to idiot and pregame or run out to city walk and liquor up or get drinks for their buddies, etc, etc. But it would cut down on the idiots taking off their masks, getting in your face, assaulting scareactors, getting lost in the house due to innebriation and lack of a conga line, vomiting, etc. Also, it would keep the lines in check making it easier to do the social distancing.

I also think there would be a rule of NO BEVERAGES in queues. Again, just to limit the reasons for removing masks. They'd have to allow for maybe water or something as the heat and line can make you dehydrated...so maybe non alcoholic beverages with straws that you can slip under your mask. So clear bottles of beverages with a straw only or something.

These are 100% guesses and not informed in any way, shape, or form...other than common sense :)

:::taps forehead:::
If they are able to set up socially distance queues and only sell the signature premixed drinks, there will be zero drunks in the park. Can't get drunk if there's no alcohol as is typical in the premixed drinks.

Also, maybe the rule can be if you buy or refill one of the souvenir blinky cups you can drink with a mask in line. Or enforce straw use everywhere while drinking.

Reactions: Sledge
:::taps forehead:::
If they are able to set up socially distance queues and only sell the signature premixed drinks, there will be zero drunks in the park. Can't get drunk if there's no alcohol as is typical in the premixed drinks.

Also, maybe the rule can be if you buy or refill one of the souvenir blinky cups you can drink with a mask in line. Or enforce straw use everywhere while drinking.
The signature drinks are full of sugar and food coloring, could literally kill people allergic to food coloring or diabetic, there would need to be more options, beer/light beer would be necessary alternative.

Status
Not open for further replies.