Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Do you guys still think they’ll do a huge drop or do a house at a time?
I don't think it'll be a single drop. I think they'll test the waters so to speak with an icon announcement of some sorts. From there, if everything is well-received, I think they'll try to monopolize the amusement park news cycle with a new announcement(s) every few days or every week or something. Just my thought, but if they know they are going to have the event (hoping that's the case) and they know the houses (which they obviously do), then why wouldn't they spread it out a little bit to maximize the news cycle?

This means we can finally put the HHN30 isn't happening rumors to rest. This is basically confirmation that its happening.
I'd argue 3 months out is too soon to say anything with complete certainty, but as every insider has said for quite some time now, Universal is planning on proceeding at this time, construction is happening, hiring is happening, etc. Anything can happen between then and now, but they have every intention of going forward until they absolutely can't. I don't really think this is the time yet for definitive statements, but I digress.

Last edited:
I'd argue 3 months out is too soon to say anything, but as every insider has said for quite some time now, Universal is planning on proceeding at this time, construction is happening, hiring is happening, etc. Anything can happen between then and now, but they have every intention of going forward until they absolutely can't. I don't really think this is the time yet for definitive statements, but I digress.
I feel like HHN30 is going to happen. Whats probably going to be different this year compared to previous years will be the scares, the scares are gonna probably be scareactors coming out of doors/coming out for a quick scare. instead of getting really close.

I'd argue 3 months out is too soon to say anything, but as every insider has said for quite some time now, Universal is planning on proceeding at this time, construction is happening, hiring is happening, etc. Anything can happen between then and now, but they have every intention of going forward until they absolutely can't. I don't really think this is the time yet for definitive statements, but I digress.
They are 100% planning on this event happening as of now. I think they are hoping that this bad stretch for Florida right now means it'll blow over (meaning slow down so Orlando isn't a hot spot) anyway by the time the event starts. The worst case scenario for them, as i've said before, is to hold the event and have a massive outbreak spread through the casts to the point where houses have to shut down because they don't have enough people to staff it. That would not only be bad PR, but we're talking about human lives.

I feel like HHN30 is going to happen. Whats probably going to be different this year compared to previous years will be the scares, the scares are gonna probably be scareactors coming out of doors/coming out for a quick scare. instead of getting really close.
I understand and this really isn't the thread for it, so I'm not trying to draw this out, but things are changing by the day. The WHO stated just today that they still think "the worst is yet to come". I'm not here to say it won't happen. I just don't think we're in any place right now to say "It's happening. Any assumption otherwise is silly and wrong". Too much is uncertain outside of the parks right now to make such definitive statements 3 months out. Universal can and will continue to proceed with setting up however they can to be as safe as possible, but there's just no predicting what standards may be in place that far out currently.

They are 100% planning on this event happening as of now. I think they are hoping that this bad stretch for Florida right now means it'll blow over anyway by the time the event starts. The worst case scenario for them, as i've said before, is to hold the event and have a massive outbreak spread through the casts to the point where houses have to shut down because they don't have enough people to staff it. That would not only be bad PR, but we're talking about human lives.

Of course and I'm not denying that in the slightest. I'm well aware that they're full speed ahead on this. The "as of now" is all I'm emphasizing. I just don't think we should get too ahead of ourselves just because announcements may be proceeding. I'm definitely preparing for that worst case scenario as well, unfortunately.

They are 100% planning on this event happening as of now. I think they are hoping that this bad stretch for Florida right now means it'll blow over anyway by the time the event starts. The worst case scenario for them, as i've said before, is to hold the event and have a massive outbreak spread through the casts to the point where houses have to shut down because they don't have enough people to staff it. That would not only be bad PR, but we're talking about human lives.
and as much as people will say corporate would force the issue, they won't because forcing it could make OSHA violations since COVID-19 is reportable last I heard.

I'm glad to hear of something potentially going public. Even if nothing is announced, knowing for sure it's going to happen would be nice and kill the speculation.

2020 isn't a normal year. The sooner everyone accepts it, the sooner we can make the best of it.

I think we’ll get an announcement that we’ll be getting future announcements. However, they’ll acknowledge that HHN is happening this year, but no more information than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.