Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

The Old HHN 30 Speculation Thread (2020)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don’t think there’s going to be an announcement this week. It’s common practice in marketing and PR to not announce anything good right before a major holiday. In general, people don’t pay attention to media on holiday weekends, so announcing stuff before one is a waste of effort.

HHN is asking for permission to use tweets this week. Every time any company uses those types of “when are we getting x” tweets, it’s a intro build to an announcement. It’s going to take a little time (a week or two) to edit the tweets into their video and get the final cut approved.

Basically, the announcement is likely next week at the earliest.

Last edited:
I don’t think there’s going to be an announcement this week. It’s common practice in marketing and PR to not announce anything good right before a major holiday. In general, people pay attention to media on holiday weekends, so announcing stuff before one is a waste of effort.

HHN is asking for permission to use tweets this week. Every time any company uses those types of “when are we getting x” tweets, it’s a intro build to an announcement. It’s going to take a little time (a week or two) to edit the tweets into their video and get the final cut approved.

So we are more likely gonna see an announcement either on the 4th or after it

It’s common practice in marketing and PR to not announce anything good right before a major holiday. In general, people pay attention to media on holiday weekends, so announcing stuff before one is a waste of effort.

This 100%. I'm not sure next week is good either. Typically PR tries to avoid weeks after a holiday due to many people already being on vacation (especially if the holiday is on a weekend).

I will say this though...Universal has the specter of the potential Disney opening to contend with. They'll probably want to get as far ahead of the game as they can with that coming up.

So we are more likely gonna see an announcement either on the 4th or after it
After. No way in hell they announce something on a holiday that falls on a Saturday.
I will say this though...Universal has the specter of the potential Disney opening to contend with. They'll probably want to get as far ahead of the game as they can with that coming up.
Or they announce same day to take a touch of wind out of Disney’s sails.

I wanna get out ahead of this just in case, there have been issues in the past of people flooding the thread constantly asking about announcements, when are they coming, why aren’t they here, etc..

If we don’t get any announcements when you want them/are expecting them, please try to be patient.

All I can think of is the intro to Honest Trailers.

I don’t think there’s going to be an announcement this week. It’s common practice in marketing and PR to not announce anything good right before a major holiday. In general, people don’t pay attention to media on holiday weekends, so announcing stuff before one is a waste of effort.

That makes a lot of sense. UO still likely wants to see what's going on with COVID too and see if that peak levels off at all (even though the event is going on as planned until otherwise stated).

That makes a lot of sense. UO still likely wants to see what's going on with COVID too and see if that peak levels off at all (even though the event is going on as planned until otherwise stated).

I’d hope we’ll know in the next month or so to see if all this spiking goes down.
This may have already been speculated (and I was just hundreds of pages behind), but as the BOGO deal ends July 22nd, I’m wondering if that’s their internal decision date. IIRC, that deal’s ended in the beginning June the last couple of years.

They’re predominantly different audiences, and HHN is arguably going to be “bigger” news. There’s a lot more for media to discuss with HHN than a reopening.
Sorry, Wall Street has been waiting since the parks closed for WDW to reopen. WDW reopening will be national news. HHN has no shot of competing except within the little HHN fandom bubble.

Sorry, Wall Street has been waiting since the parks closed for WDW to reopen. WDW reopening will be national news. HHN has no shot of competing except within the little HHN fandom bubble.
Wall Street isn’t Jon Q. Public.

Again, different audiences. The general public is going to be a tad more interested in Beetlejuice, Hill House, and Billie Eilish than the inevitable reopening of a theme park.

Wall Street isn’t Jon Q. Public.

Again, different audiences. The general public is going to be a tad more interested in Beetlejuice, Hill House, and Billie Eilish than the inevitable reopening of a theme park.
I don't care what Wall Street thinks, but i'm telling you what major media outlets will be writing stories about in that scenario.

Also, Hill House really doesn't have close to the following you guys seem to give it credit for so I don't think that will cause a big stir. Billie Eillish, yeah, she'll do the trick. Both can win the day, but again, why would you release this news on July 11th - a SATURDAY. That would be extremely stupid. If you're going to come out with it, you do it on Monday, the 13th. Then you can use the rest of the week to drop little bits of info or hints.

I don't care what Wall Street thinks, but i'm telling you what major media outlets will be writing stories about in that scenario.

Also, Hill House really doesn't have close to the following you guys seem to give it credit for so I don't think that will cause a big stir. Billie Eillish, yeah, she'll do the trick. Both can win the day, but again, why would you release this news on July 11th - a SATURDAY. That would be extremely stupid. If you're going to come out with it, you do it on Monday, the 13th. Then you can use the rest of the week to drop little bits of info or hints.
Fair. I didn’t realize Disney was opening on a Saturday.

I’m not going any time soon, so haven’t paid anything that much attention.

Status
Not open for further replies.