Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Merchandise | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 31 (UOR) - Merchandise

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Brian G.

Editor-in-Chief
Jan 21, 2008
Orlando, FL
Discuss all the merch line.

All the merch looks like it came out of a thrift store, but I mean that in the best way possible. Such an awesome vintage aesthetic, and as I'm saying this my wallet is trying to evacuate my home.

Haven't bought any HHN merch in the 5 years I've been going. The only thing I have are lanyards and buttons we got for free during UTH tours

THAT SAID -- my wallet looks like it's going to take a beating this year. Retro vibes, lil' boo...I'm beyond excited.
Do they typically have hhn specific lanyards? I would like to get ones before we go, and Im running close to my dates of sept 8-11th

Reactions: kristenabelle
I'll keep it short and simple, if this first wave of merch is any indication of what's to come, this year is gonna' be incredibly strong for merch! The Vintage Halloween theme is downright killer, especially for one's wallet which includes mine.

Do they typically have hhn specific lanyards? I would like to get ones before we go, and Im running close to my dates of sept 8-11th

Every year they make a year specific HHN lanyard, they'll be easy to find in the resort.

Reactions: kristenabelle
I was sooooo sick of the Lil Boo talk last year, then all the ridiculous talk about him/her/them/it being an Icon this year...and now Uni had to go and throw it on a ton of merchandise.

Great business decision by them...but now going to have to hear about "Will Lil Boo be at this year's event?!?!" until HHN 40.

Having said that, I'm super excited and hopeful about this year's merch. Everything has always been black and thick/cheap the gray monsters shirt looks light/premium. Hope the leaked house shirt is legit as it will be the first time I've bought one in close to a decade (so long as is doesn't have orange rubber letters saying NEVER GO ALONE on the front).

The variety of merchandise and food, and moving away from the "paint by numbers" approach has me really excited for the merchandise in the near future (even if it had Little Boo on it).

EDIT - they always have multiple HHN lanyards, general event year, key IP(s), etc. If you're flying in from out of town, the MCO has a Uni store that will have it (and they even honor AP discounts if you have one).

Should note that the lanyards no longer come with plastic sleeves is a blatant rip off. They sell sleeves that are between $1 - $8, but if you have old ones (or want to buy th3m on Amazon or something in advance) it's a good idea to bring them.

Last edited:

per PPs, they definitely have a variety (and sell them all over the resort). If you take a tour (behind the screams, and likely RIP though I've never done one of those), you get one for free!

looks like here's one of this year's:

Last edited:
Love the vintage aesthetic - lot of parallels with Midsummer Scream's approach in recent years. Definitely supports the strong rumors that the overarching theme this year will relate to "traditional" Halloween.

Including Lil Boo and Pumpkin Lord is an encouraging sign that the decision makers are listening to the fans, though I worry people are going to be insufferable about it in the age of social media and clout chasing.

Including Lil Boo and Pumpkin Lord is an encouraging sign that the decision makers are listening to the fans, though I worry people are going to be insufferable about it in the age of social media and clout chasing.
Are you telling me my Twitter account "Dust of Plywood left behind from the HHN 30 Tribute Store" with 5 thousand followers is "Clout Chasing"?!

I'm offended.

Love the vintage aesthetic - lot of parallels with Midsummer Scream's approach in recent years. Definitely supports the strong rumors that the overarching theme this year will relate to "traditional" Halloween.

If they really listened to the fans we'd have a FEAR and Boris Shuster romance Manga comic

Still though, I'm putting the term "Lil Boo" on mute on Twitter just for safety

I'll keep it short and simple, if this first wave of merch is any indication of what's to come, this year is gonna' be incredibly strong for merch! The Vintage Halloween theme is downright killer, especially for one's wallet which includes mine.

Every year they make a year specific HHN lanyard, they'll be easy to find in the resort.

Are the tickets all digital? Maybe I need a fannypack instead of lanyard. I really hated digging my phone out all the time when we went in May.

Unironically though, the number of absolutely mundane stuff people make HHN gimmick accounts of is staggering. Someone needs to stop them

I believe it got so bad that Aiello even stepped in and said it was enough, especially when HHN Blade of Grass was created. :lol:

Why do I feel like that vaguely ties back to Hatetofly?

It doesn't.. :lol:

There is no way that wasn't satire hahahah not to get too off topic

Well, I guess people saw the interaction Bear was getting, especially with some minor celebs, wrestlers, and prominent members of HHN, they tried to get in with any kind of gimmick. I do remember that Blade of Grass was made in jest as a reaction to the overall uptick of gimmick accounts, but it was getting kinda dumb.

To steer it back to the topic, Lil Boo worked so great because it was organic growth.

Well, I guess people saw the interaction Bear was getting, especially with some minor celebs, wrestlers, and prominent members of HHN, they tried to get in with any kind of gimmick. I do remember that Blade of Grass was made in jest as a reaction to the overall uptick of gimmick accounts, but it was getting kinda dumb.

To steer it back to the topic, Lil Boo worked so great because it was organic growth.

And, to circle back to my original point, I’m cautiously optimistic that the powers that be are choosing to build on that organic growth through the use of new merchandise that may tie into a broader event theme. My concern stems from the fear that fans will learn the wrong lessons.

(The whole event is commercial so I won’t get into the nitty gritty of aggressive commodification ruining a fun thing appreciated by fans, but I do think it’s nice that Universal has apparently entered a licensing agreement with Lil Boo’s original sculptor, meaning they can continue to create new merch outside the official machine.)