Halloween Horror Nights Celebration Party | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights Celebration Party

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Jun 7, 2016
Hey everybody. I don't post often but my friends and I are thinking of planning a weekend-long horror nights party to sort of celebrate halloween this year and mourn the cancellation of HHN30. Of course we will be following CDC guidelines of social distancing and everything as much as possible and will have most of the fun outside so we can stay a safe distance from one another, as we plan on having a projector to play movies and what not.

So the plan is to have a giant cookout and party where we play movies featured at the most recent events and play music and all that stuff. I thought I would post here for suggestions from other members who are more veteran to the event than us. If you were to throw a similar HHN party, what would you include?

What are some ESSENTIAL songs to add to a playlist, how would you decorate, what are some food items that are completely necessary, mixed drink ideas as well... Things like that.

I also thought this would be a fun resource for anybody else planning to celebrate horror nights a different way this year. I live in SC so I will not be making a trip to the parks probably until next years horror nights if it works out- unless Covid stuff gets significantly better and we maybe will try to catch the opening of the Jurassic Coaster- so this will be one of the only "vacation" type things we get to do since I am due back in the classroom in a few weeks, but thats a different discussion.

So what do you all think?

also mods if this is a completely unnecessary or inappropriate thread please do move or delete, I know things are hectic on the boards right now.

My husband and I are planning on making our own pizza fries, twisted taters (we have a Kitchenaid attachment that can get that spiral perfectly!), and some mixed drinks while watching some of our favorite spooky movies. I'm going to be using our Killer Klowns cups we bought last event, but I think it could be really fun to use blinky cups if you had them or could find something similar--blinky cups are perfect for parties.
Maybe you could use the projector to play a video of Marathon of Mayhem from last year! Obviously not the same thing as being in person, but I bet it would look cool outside in the dark on a projector.

I was wondering if people had recipes for any of the mix drinks they’ve done the last few years since I have a collection of the blinky cups

I was wondering if people had recipes for any of the mix drinks they’ve done the last few years since I have a collection of the blinky cups
You want a sweet drink? Try a Pat O'Brien's Hurricane just like at Citywalk. It's half rum, half of their mix over ice. To me, it's fantastic and would definitely scratch that HHN sugar rush. Their mixes are only $5 bottle plus shipping:

Don't know if this is your cup of tea, but during the pandemic, I've had 3 parties at my house (and one coming up in a few weeks) where I invite two or three friends over and then a few additional family members. I paint props and set pieces (minimal, so it's not too big of a mess) and use my house to do 4 or 5 haunted houses and 1 scare zone (breaks in between so you can change costumes and scenery) and my friends and I set up a mini HHN-like haunt in my house and backyard. My family walks through them.
Recently we've done Stranger Things, Poltergeist, Insidious, and several original concepts I came up with. This may be too much of a suggestion, but, maybe not. Just wanted to share. It does really scare my family, but maybe because they're easily scared, I don't know.

Also the first one we did was successfully socially distant-capable.

Recently we've done Stranger Things, Poltergeist, Insidious, and several original concepts I came up with. This may be too much of a suggestion, but, maybe not. Just wanted to share. It does really scare my family, but maybe because they're easily scared, I don't know.

Love the idea! Do you have any pictures of the haunts that you'd be willing to share? Since I can't get my fix this year I need to live vicariously through others!

For your playlist, I have several playlists on Spotify. Search “Trick or Beat” and they should all pull up. Used to release a new volume every year, but am considering merging them all into one with unused picks. Browse/listen through and add the ones you like to your party’s playlist.

Status
Not open for further replies.