Halloween Horror Nights - VIP Experience - Is it worth it? | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights - VIP Experience - Is it worth it?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aug 27, 2013
Hi everyone,

We've done HHN @ Orlando for the past few years and gone for the front of line pass which has worked really well.

We're going to HHN @ Hollywood for the first time this year, and were wondering if the VIP experience is worth it? I've seen there is a paranormal tour, and the food/drink etc, but would be interested to hear from people that have done it before, or planning on doing so this year.

Any advice would be appreciated,

Cheers!

Yes. I would recommend using VIP Experience for the event. It truly is awesome and a different experience on the studio. It includes the studio tour, but with a twist, with Insidious theme to VIP. I know the price is expensive, but is worth the money.

Hi everyone,

We're going to HHN @ Hollywood for the first time this year, and were wondering if the VIP experience is worth it? I've seen there is a paranormal tour, and the food/drink etc, but would be interested to hear from people that have done it before, or planning on doing so this year.
Hi mbuk2k, welcome to the forums!

I did the VIP Experience last year, and it really boils down to this: are you willing to pay for unlimited front-of-line access? I'm not sure about the Florida event, but Hollywood gets absolutely packed during Halloween Horror Nights, and it's not unusual for mazes to have a wait time of two hours or more.

The behind-the-scenes portion of the VIP Experience last year was lackluster to say the least. We got a private tour near JAWS, and a short walk around the lot - but that was about it. A bit anticlimatic, but I had fun walking on the backlot at night.

Having said that, John Murdy appears to be getting more involved with this year's VIP Experience, so your visit may be dramatically different from mine if you purchase a VIP ticket. Overall, it's a decent value and the unlimited-front-of-line is an absolute life saver if you're planning to do everything (and then some!) in one night. Dinner is also included, but I didn't take advantage of that perk.

Hope this helps!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi everyone,

Thank you for your replies!

We've taken the plunge and gone for the VIP tickets!

Jon; the Florida lines sound very similar to the Hollywood ones! We've only been once without having some sort of front of line pass, and never again! 

Can't wait to see what Hollywood has to offer, not long to go now  :D