Halloween Nightmare Fuel | Inside Universal Forums
  • Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Halloween Nightmare Fuel

BlueHorizon

Newcomer
Mar 28, 2019
Florida
Hey so someone on the HHN discord posted from a source that supposedly, this show was originally going to feature Jack and Chance in live action stage roles, but was scrapped due to certain conflicts regarding the actors. Also that the HHN shirt featuring Jack in a circus-style uniform was meant to tie into the original show concept. I was just curious, does anyone know if there is any truth to this? It does sound like it would have been a more ideal show for the 30th anniversary.

• Wow
Reactions: Lucky Planet

Legacy

Veteran Member
Jul 27, 2015
Hey so someone on the HHN discord posted from a source that supposedly, this show was originally going to feature Jack and Chance in live action stage roles, but was scrapped due to certain conflicts regarding the actors. Also that the HHN shirt featuring Jack in a circus-style uniform was meant to tie into the original show concept. I was just curious, does anyone know if there is any truth to this? It does sound like it would have been a more ideal show for the 30th anniversary.
A Jack-featured show, to my knowledge, was never actually planned.

Lucky Planet

Veteran Member
Sep 23, 2013
I'm glad that didn't happen. Jack is too much in the lagoon show as it is lol. too much jack lol.
the same rumor happened when the first year of academy of villains came. chance being on their show

Jwhee

Veteran Member
Apr 29, 2013
Florida
I was utterly letdown by this show. Maybe it’s because I heard people raving about it?

The opening trick was incredibly cool. But my goodness, shooting off flame jets every 15 seconds does not make the show any cooler. That effect was way overused. Trying to make stuff more “bad ass” by shooting off flames around them. Gets old.

Incredibly odd transitions of music.

Very talented performers but an oddly put together show.

Lucky Planet

Veteran Member
Sep 23, 2013
I was utterly letdown by this show. Maybe it’s because I heard people raving about it?

The opening trick was incredibly cool. But my goodness, shooting off flame jets every 15 seconds does not make the show any cooler. That effect was way overused. Trying to make stuff more “bad ass” by shooting off flames around them. Gets old.

what did you think of the shows academy of villains did before?
I feel this is similar but better

Reactions: ghostsarejerks

Jdentel

Newcomer
Jul 8, 2021

Completely agree. Came in very optimistic but just did not enjoy it at all. Music felt off, dancing seemed subpar. Did absolutely nothing for me.

Shame as I loved AOV since the beginning.

• Wow

SeventyOne

V.I.P.
Jul 1, 2010
Orlando
Show seems to be taking off. Thursday--a school night with half the city preparing to hit WDW tomorrow--11 pm show went to capacity by 10:50. Still had a substantial standby line. Barkers were telling people to arrive 30 to 45 minutes early for the 12:45 show.

Took my friend last night, the definition of a casual HHN fan. Was his favorite part of the night. Half-seriously suggested getting right back in line to see it again, even tho he only had one night for the event.

• Wow

Nick

Staff member
Sep 22, 2011
Orlando
FWIW - The show was affected due to COVID as not all the performers were able to make it due to travel restrictions. Things were adjusted. How much? Not sure - but it definitely got stung by the pandemic.
I've heard this same thing.

Joe

aka TestTrack321
Staff member
Feb 15, 2012
Pittsburgh, PA
FWIW - The show was affected due to COVID as not all the performers were able to make it due to travel restrictions. Things were adjusted. How much? Not sure - but it definitely got stung by the pandemic.
Why Magus Utopia sent over the props but generic guy performs. And why so many of the acts are locals or already working for UOR.

Alsands

Newcomer
Feb 2, 2020
Anyone know the name of the pre show song ? Everyone sings along in the crowd. Thanks!