Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Happily Ever After

Wishes was a nice show, but it's time has come and gone. Time for something a little more character-based. And anything with Zootopia in the parks is a win in my books.

Wishes was a nice show, but it's time has come and gone. Time for something a little more character-based. And anything with Zootopia in the parks is a win in my books.
It's certainly overdue for replacement. Now all we need is a new nighttime parade and MK's entertainment lineup will have seen a complete overhaul. Here's everything new since 2015:

Once Upon A Time (Projection show)
Great Moments in Muppet History (Liberty Square)
Mickey's Royal Friendship Faire (Castle Show)
Happily Ever After (Fireworks Spectacular)
Mickey's Most Merriest Celebration (MVMCP Castle Show)
Hocus Pocus Villain Spectacular (MNSSHP Castle Show)

And in 2013:
Festival of Fantasy (Daytime Parade)

Wow, This has been rumoured for so long.

Little sad to see it go as for me it is quintessential Disney and something that still holds that Disney Magic and heck they do it really well . It has been a staple for so many years now and I have so many memories from watching it with friends and family over those years, my final viewing from the beaches at GF in April will be a sad one.

Having said that I am not adverse to change, I just hope the new show gives as much joy as Wishes has over the years.

But is it really worth the investment?

Were people not showing up for Wishes?

Where are all the "Disney is a business" folks?

Are you really complaining that Disney is updating a 14 year old show?

Who cares about the bottom line in this situation? The budget for a show like this is minimal. It's why DHS gets so many new fireworks shows.... they're cheap to produce.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm complaining that people aren't complaining with the same logic they use to justify not getting new things in the parks - thereby pointing out how facile their argument is and their utter hypocrisy.
While I agree with what you're saying, I don't think anyone on this forum makes excuses for Disney NOT building attractions. That's a WDWM thing.

So if Universal adds a nighttime Hogwarts show, Universal is not a business? :lol: Get outta here with that.

My friend literally text me the news with "What's the one thing you've been asking for but haven't gotten?" :ears: So this is HUGE for me! Long overdue, unexpected, and so welcome! Hope it's on par with some of the fantastic nighttime castle shows the other parks have gotten.

The investment for simply changing the soundtrack and the order/types of fireworks is minimal. The ROI could be huge with more guests staying later to watch a new show.

Guests already stay late for Wishes. Heck, they still line up and park themselves on the curb for the electrical parade that isn't going to happen.