Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Happily Ever After

Soooooo.... it seems that Happily Ever After isn't exactly coming back. I just randomly watched a video of all of the announcements and non-announcements and here's exactly what Josh D'amaro said:

"next year, we're going to bring back the Happily Ever After anthem".

It seems like what's going to happen here is that after the 50th celebration is done at the end of March, they are going to switch over to a show 100th anniversary show that will use the Happily Ever After song. I'd expect it to be called something like "Happily Ever After: 100 Years of Dreams". I'd expect the contents of the show to be fairly different from original HEA to celebrate 100 years and then possibly just move on to a different show again after the 100th is over.

Soooooo.... it seems that Happily Ever After isn't exactly coming back. I just randomly watched a video of all of the announcements and non-announcements and here's exactly what Josh D'amaro said:

"next year, we're going to bring back the Happily Ever After anthem".

It seems like what's going to happen here is that after the 50th celebration is done at the end of March, they are going to switch over to a show 100th anniversary show that will use the Happily Ever After song. I'd expect it to be called something like "Happily Ever After: 100 Years of Dreams". I'd expect the contents of the show to be fairly different from original HEA to celebrate 100 years and then possibly just move on to a different show again after the 100th is over.

I’m more inclined to think this new version will largely hit the same beats of the original while adding in new properties like Encanto or Turning Red. That’s the thing about these type of clip shows, they have to keep staying fresh. Watching World of Color for the first time earlier this year, it was jarring to see that none of the movies within the past 10 years were included. Hence why I’m not surprised that show’s getting an update as well.

The big question here is whether or not Main Street will be getting new projections as well.

I’m more inclined to think this new version will largely hit the same beats of the original while adding in new properties like Encanto or Turning Red. That’s the thing about these type of clip shows, they have to keep staying fresh. Watching World of Color for the first time earlier this year, it was jarring to see that none of the movies within the past 10 years were included. Hence why I’m not surprised that show’s getting an update as well.

The big question here is whether or not Main Street will be getting new projections as well.
World of Color has had a number of updates with numerous new characters over the years. WoC: Celebrate! for example was a 60th anniversary show that was pretty much 100% new and only WoC in name only, but it ending up being a bit of a flop. That's my only concern. The only reason the keep going back to the original WoC that's out of date is because it's the best received version by far.

I'm expecting pretty much exactly what you said: updated sequences with not only newer characters, but adding in 100th anniversary segments. The song can only carry the show so far, though.

There's still plenty of ways to mess it up if they screw up the pacing, so i'm going to remain a tad skeptical (although I really want MK to have a great nighttime show again) until I actually see it in person probably in April i'd guess. The 50th anniversary ends on March 31st, 2023, so theoretically, the new version of HEA could debut on April 1.

Finally saw HEA for the first time since it came back. I honestly don't know what it is about this show for me, but I kid you not when I say I got legit emotional seeing the show back. This show just has a special sauce that Enchantment didn't have and really does a great job of making you feel the emotion in each song rendition. The lasers from Enchantment really plus the show a decent amount so this is now sort of like "Happily Ever After: Enhanced Edition" :lol:

Finally saw HEA for the first time since it came back. I honestly don't know what it is about this show for me, but I kid you not when I say I got legit emotional seeing the show back. This show just has a special sauce that Enchantment didn't have and really does a great job of making you feel the emotion in each song rendition. The lasers from Enchantment really plus the show a decent amount so this is now sort of like "Happily Ever After: Enhanced Edition" :lol:
Saw it three times while on my recent vacation. Absolutely loved it. The lasers were a surprise and a nice plus. And, yes, it's significantly better than Enchantment, which we liked.