Hard Rock Hotel "Picks." service | Inside Universal Forums

Hard Rock Hotel "Picks." service

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jul 10, 2012
Brooklyn NY
I haven't been to Orlando since 2007 but I stayed at the Hard Rock Hotel for the 3 years before then. I will admit that while the Hard Rock is a fantastic hotel, I never really spent too much time exploring it. I just used it to sleep, shower, enjoy the amazing breakfast buffet at The Kitchen and that's about it. I think in my 4 different vacations staying at the hotel, I only been to the pool for a grand total of 30 minutes.

A few friends and I are dreaming about our vacation to Orlando that may happen in the far distant future (we are a bunch of college students in NYC, no one can afford a trip to FL right now :lol:) While showing one of my friends pictures of the Hard Rock, trying to justify the $300+/night, I noticed they have this "Picks." service that I'm very positive was not available when I stayed at the hotel. For those of you who don't know, the Picks. service rents out a guitar to a guest for no charge or time limit, they just require a $1000 deposit, for which I assume is for security and I hope that's refunded when you return the guitar.

I was wondering if anyone has used this service, how exactly it works and most importantly, whether the $1000 deposit is refunded, like I said, we are poor college students. :smiley: