Harry Potter "red carpet" premiere | Inside Universal Forums

Harry Potter "red carpet" premiere

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Feb 17, 2016
I read that there is some sort of red carpet premiere scheduled for the evening of April 5.  We were already planning to be there that day.  Does anyone know if the Wizarding World area is more likely to be opened or closed during the day because of this event?  We really really want to see the Harry Potter area but don't really have any interest in seeing celebrities on a red carpet.   I know there are no guarantees until April 7.  However, there have been past premieres at other parks, and I'm wondering if anyone has insight into what this event really is and what it means for the park/wizarding world that particular day.

thank you! 

Thank you, that is very helpful.  It's a bummer but totally makes sense.   Based on previous grand openings or events, might it be open the day before the event (April 4) or the day after (April 6)  or might they just close it the whole week before the grand opening on April 7?  

It looks like several events will take place starting APL 2. It would be a safe bet to assume no "technical rehearsals" open to the public leading up to opening day.

Reactions: Aaron
It looks like several events will take place starting APL 2. It would be a safe bet to assume no "technical rehearsals" open to the public leading up to opening day.
Thank you!  We are looking at driving up and going another day in March then.  Where can you find these events?  I looked at the website and none of them were listed.   Is there another place online where I can check?  I read in another thread that there was something March 5, but I would love to know where people are finding the information. thanks! 

I would expect April 5 to be out of the question for guests all day.  This is going to be a major event with fireworks and media from all over the west coast.