Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Hatetofly: Project I

Which trip would you prefer?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Andy

aka Hatetofly
VIP Member
Mar 16, 2010
I can see it now, what the hell is this jackass talking about now? What is project I :lol: Well before I get anyone's hope up, its a question I would like some feedback on. Due to my work schedule (HELL) but hey it pays the bills, I am required to put in for my vacation 12-14 months in advance with several spots being blacked out. Over the last several years my wife and I have vacationed in some awesome places. Just in the last 14 months we've been to Vegas, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Grand Canyon, another trip to So Cal, South Beach, Key West, New Orleans, and Denver. On top of that were in the Orlando Parks all the time. So for late 2013 into Summer 2014 were looking to take our first big international trip rather than numerous ones throughout the year. I alone get 4 weeks paid vacation by the way, with an option for a fifth.

So I have compiled a list of crazy vacation options and would love to here which one you would pick and why. With the exception of Option 3 I have family in nearly all of these areas so it drastically cuts down on cost by the way. Not to mention this is blue sky thinking here people! Also keep in mind for all of these, they wouldn't be themepark specific trips. These are just parks I would hit while visiting. So please vote and share

Option 1 8-9 days London / Paris Summer 2013

Potter Studio Tour
Exterior-of-The-Warner-Br-001.jpg

Disneyland Paris Resort
slider5.jpg

Option 2 10 days Hong Kong / Singapore Fall 2013

Sleeping-Beauty-Castle-and-lands-hong-kong-disneyland-29884992-2272-1704.jpg

universal-studio-singapore.jpg

Option 3 14 days Japan * Note this trip due to expanded cost would be a Spring 2015 Trip

Tokyo Disney Resort
photo_TDS_MH.jpg

Universal Osaka
index_p01.jpg

Those are all amazing plans. If you could afford it, go to Japan. As an english football fan, I would pick #1 just so I could see some matches.

Japan, period

Yet if you ARE going for option one, make sure to add the reward winning "The Efteling" in The Netherlands.

I'm in the minority but I say you do U.K. and Western Europe. They offer a lot of awesome theme parks. I think the only reason it's not so high on the list is because a handful of our users have been to Alton Towers, PortAventura, Europa Park, Tivoli Gardens and DLP.

Im'ma say London/Paris. I get the feeling most are voting for Japan for the sake of checking out DisneySea. You're whole vacation isn't going to be at one park. :lol: London/Paris has more to offer when you're done with the parks.

If I was going to vote for an Asian experience it would be the China/Singapore experience. But alas, I think you'll have more fun and be in less culture shock in the Europe.

This is why I like get others opinions. I have always wanted to visit Japan even before DisneySea, it's just a culture that fascinates me. On the other hand my wife wants to visit Singapore and France. So we're all over the board :lol: My moms side of the family wants us to visit England while my sister wants us to visit her and she's a world traveler so who knows where she will be a year from now. Hell in the last two years she's lived in Shanghai, Prague, Beijing, Cambridge, and now in Budapest. She is eyeing Singapore as her next possible home through her job.

In the end I honestly feel like either trip 1 or 2 would offer US (remember happy wife, happy life) the most diversity in a trip and allow us in the end to see more.