Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

HBO's Watchmen

I'm fully happy with this episode, it feels right at home with what's been done before in this universe (and yet, the focus to new environments and stories makes me actually giddy to see what could unfold).

I really liked this. Not terribly familiar with Lindelof, but his love/respect for the original comic comes thru. There have to be dozens of Easter eggs/throwaway references to the original comic, which manage to set this story in that universe even as it only features (maybe) one character from it. Intriguing storyline as well.

I'll catch up with this after the season is complete. I really dug the movie, and anything that pisses Alan Moore off gets my dollar on probciple. (For those that don't know, he hates people adapting his work despite the fact that more than half of his success, including Watchmen, is just adapting the work of others. He has gone so far as telling fans that if they watch or read any of the adaptations, he doesn't want them to read his work.)

I'll catch up with this after the season is complete. I really dug the movie,

As a heads-up, this is very much a sequel to the comic, not the movie. Some of the Easter eggs seem to be a deliberate attempt to say "See? This is book world, not movie world." Tonally seems to be going more with the book, as well, tho obviously hard to say after one episode. I get a sense the guy who made this series is not a Zack Snyder fan.

As a heads-up, this is very much a sequel to the comic, not the movie. Some of the Easter eggs seem to be a deliberate attempt to say "See? This is book world, not movie world." Tonally seems to be going more with the book, as well, tho obviously hard to say after one episode. I get a sense the guy who made this series is not a Zack Snyder fan.
I'm good with it. I did enjoy the book, I just don't hold it up as the masterwork lots of others do.

Between this and the Leftovers, Im mighty curious to see what the Hunt ends up looking like, if it ends up released at all.

If you're watching this--and you should--they've releasing online "documents" after each episode, mirroring what was included in the original comics:

Peteypedia | HBO

Fills in the timeline from comic to TV show, and also hints at what's coming up.

WATCH. THE LEFTOVERS.

That said, I’m all in on this show.

The Leftovers is fantastic. One of the best shows of the past decade easily.

I watched Watchmen exclusively because of Lindelof and the Leftovers.

Same.

I listen to the leftovers soundtrack as well. Max Richter did an amazing job.

Lindelof always has amazing scores. Watchmen continues that trend.

71 ain't never lied. I'm two episodes in, and this is some amazing television, and the creators seem to share my opinion of a certain subset of Watchmen/V/Alan Moore fans. I also appreciate that they're one season and done.