Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Headed to USH on June 3!!

AV

Apr 18, 2016
Hi all -- looking forward to my first visit to USH (since 1985!) -- Friday, June 3. We purchased our tickets from the universal website and will plan on getting there by 8 am for early admission. Plan of attack is to hit up WWoHP, attractions in the lower lot, and then do the studio tour and upper lot attractions. I am hoping we can experience everything  we want and depart before 5 pm or so but we'll see. 

Any specific tips for a June 3 visit? Would it be better to start with WWoHP and immediately do studio tour and upper lot since those are much closer to one another?

Also, we will be coming over on a shuttle from the Sheraton -- does it drop you off right at the main park entrance?

I believe the shuttle drop-off is relatively close to the entrance, so it shouldn't be a major concern.

I always suggest hitting the Lower Lot right after Wizarding World because it can be cumbersome to traverse the StarWay escalators multiple times throughout the day. That will allow you to experience the entirety of the Lower Lot (with the opportunity for re-rides) before tackling the Upper Lot. That being said, assuming you finish Potter and the Lower Lot by noon (which is a real possibility), you'll have the Simpsons, Studio Tour and Despicable Me in terms of rides, and Animal Actors, Special Effects and WaterWorld in terms of shows to finish. These should be doable before 5:00 PM if you hustle.

If you're willing to stay later, the Studio Tour usually doesn't garner a huge wait time during the evening so you can always postpone that as the finale of your day. Shows are scheduled throughout the day, and the park recommends that you arrive at least 15 minutes before posted show times.

Good luck!

Ended up having a great day! It was a hot day (>90 degrees) but I appreciated the relatively small size of the park and overall layout as we weren't in direct sun too much.

We started with WWoHP and encountered 5-20 min wait times for the 2 primary rides. We then moved on to the lower lot and did all 3 rides with no wait. By then it was ~11:30 so we grabbed lunch and then headed to the studio tour. Again, no wait. After that we hit up Simpsons and the park started to fill. So, I used a FOTL pass for that, then one for Shrek 4D, then one for Minions. The lines were never longer than 25 min but I had the passes so why not? 

Headed back to WWoHP for another hour, watched the Animal adventures show, watched Water World, and then headed out. Altogether a great day with my very clear favorites being the Studio tour, Water World, and just walking around WWoHP (Hippogriff was a great ride but a bit short). 

Thanks to this site for helping me plan on out the day. I don't think we'll be back to USH this year but are planning on heading to US-Orlando in July for 2 days.

I have a bunch of USH FOTL passes I ended up not using, so send me a note if anyone here is interested in them before I put them on the "bay". They are good for pretty much everything but WWoHP. I think they would have been invaluable if we went on a Saturday/Sunday or after school is out. For our trip we only needed them a few times.