Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Maybe it'll be a weekend and Holiday period hotspot!

We went into Hello Kitty for the first time last week. No one in the store but us. Next day we went again. Maybe two or three people besides us. So, I made it a point to go in every time we walked past the area, just curious to see what their business was like. So, we were there a for apx. 7 or 8 stops. Never saw more than a handful of people in the store. Of course, this wasn't a scientific sampling, but it sure looks like they're not doing very well.

So about the same as Lucy probably but I'm guessing they've moved a lot more merch.

So about the same as Lucy probably but I'm guessing they've moved a lot more merch.
Heck, it was even less than Lucy, if that's possible. But, as you said, they probably moved more merch than Lucy. I would think though, if what I saw is trending, that they are disappointed in results thus far.

^ That's interesting. At the same time, most kids are still in school. Perhaps June, July will be a different story.

I still think my wife likes HK more than my daughter does and I just bring this up for, after meeting my wife, I was blown away by how much HK merchandise is produced that would appeal to adults way more than it would children (dresses, jewelry, purses).

I have to be completely honest I avoid this area all the time.. Well maybe not avoid but bypass lol I didn't even get a chance to look in or nearby

I'm not in the demo for Hello Kitty merchandise, but I appreciated that it was a unique store. My concern with whatever might end up in this space and in the Prop Shop space is that we might be inching closer to the Disney approach of "every store has the same merchandise" (there are notable exceptions).

Other than flagship stores at the entrances of the parks and in CityWalk, I do sort of feel that each merchandise location should largely have merch that is only found in that spot.

I'm not in the demo for Hello Kitty merchandise, but I appreciated that it was a unique store. My concern with whatever might end up in this space and in the Prop Shop space is that we might be inching closer to the Disney approach of "every store has the same merchandise" (there are notable exceptions).

Other than flagship stores at the entrances of the parks and in CityWalk, I do sort of feel that each merchandise location should largely have merch that is only found in that spot.
I don’t think this will be a problem. Tribute store is different from other stores, and I expect this to be similiar.

People keep mentioning a bar… maybe a tribute like preview store, but instead of desserts, you get a bar?

I don’t think this will be a problem. Tribute store is different from other stores, and I expect this to be similiar.

People keep mentioning a bar… maybe a tribute like preview store, but instead of desserts, you get a bar?

Osaka did something similar with SNW, having a rethemed store have both retail and dining as part of the pack. Maybe something similar?