Hello Kitty Coming to Universal | Page 17 | Inside Universal Forums

Hello Kitty Coming to Universal

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Osaka did something similar with SNW, having a rethemed store have both retail and dining as part of the pack. Maybe something similar?
One thing to remember is that half of the store is Betty Boop....unless they decide to change that too. BB seems to do decent business though. But they do have other BB locations in the resort, if they close that down.

One thing to remember is that half of the store is Betty Boop....unless they decide to change that too. BB seems to do decent business though. But they do have other BB locations in the resort, if they close that down.
If they run a Minions superstore from Hello to Mel's........

One hand, it is a shame because my wife *loves* Hello Kitty. We got some great vids/pics in the store and at the meet-and-greet outside. We even "rope-dropped" the meet-and -greet twice. :lmao:

On the other hand, not sure if we ever, ever saw anyone else in there. Makes sense.

What if the Hello Kitty/Boop Store is becoming the Preview Center for EU? Or (I'd think more likely) the Legacy Store which clears the spot on CityWalk for the Preview Center?

One hand, it is a shame because my wife *loves* Hello Kitty. We got some great vids/pics in the store and at the meet-and-greet outside. We even "rope-dropped" the meet-and -greet twice. :lmao:

On the other hand, not sure if we ever, ever saw anyone else in there. Makes sense.
Yes, we rarely saw anyone in the Hello Kitty area and we stopped there often, though usually to see the Betty Boop side of the store that always had significantly more traffic than the deserted
Hello Kitty side.

Universal News Today posted some great images of the interior of this store being demolished over night.

Appears that they’re removing the Hello Kitty theming each night after close.

seems odd to me. The store is never open during HHN, but we were there last night and the shop still appears to be Hello Kitty -- the merch in the store (that we could see through the window) was HK as were the displays in the windows.

seems odd to me. The store is never open during HHN, but we were there last night and the shop still appears to be Hello Kitty -- the merch in the store (that we could see through the window) was HK as were the displays in the windows.
You know anything with "News" in the theme park account is hapless right?

You know anything with "News" in the theme park account is hapless right?

absolutely! It was just traumatic to my wife and daughter -- first, my daughter wanted to go to the dress shop at the CO-OP in Disney springs -- we get there and the shop is gone -- my daughter looked so lost -- then I saw this news -- next day my wife tells me she wants to get a stay and scream ticket to get in early enough to go to the HK store, I told her it was gone -- we go the HHN and they still see it there (closed as always during HHN) -- so I got a mouthful from both of them :yikes:

I think it is time to retire from the theme park world, too bad the real world has lost its mind!

Reactions: JoeCamel

Kind of expected with how dead the store has been since it's opening....What's popular in another country/culture doesn't always translate to success here. I believe Disney had the same problem with Duffy?,
that was huge in Japan, but a dud here.

Reactions: shiekra38